So those who follow GM

Toby

After pontiac's demise the Zeta Platform seemed like it'd be gone for good. It'll live on with the Camaro. But that's like a retarded step child. It just isn't the same. I like my Muscle Sedans.

GM Is bringing it back now as a Caprice for Police use. As far as anyone knows it's a police only vehicle. Been reading up on Jalopnik about it. Looks like it'll have some awesome features. Wish we were getting it for public use lol.

Press photos:

http://jalopnik.com/5374408/chevy-caprice-...selectedImage=7

Love the look of the front. The back however lost it. I mean sure it doesn't matter in terms of fleet use. But the back just looks as ugly and bland as the Impala.

I still can't believe they got rid of the G8 without renaming it a Chevy. Awesome car, huge power, good ride, and seemingly well built as far as fit and finish and materials go.

No doubt...remember the last "good" cavalier? It had a 2.8l V6...great car, maybe not eco but great car Z24 was sweet!

oxy-moron there. I mean you are talking the company who quit putting the 8.1 in 1 ton pickups...

My sister had a '99 Cavalier with the Twin Cam engine. That was a peppy little car! Got 28 mpg and the only problem it had was an alternator. She just sold it with a lick under 200k. She now has a Sunfire, but this will be like her 5th Cavalier. :lol:

My wife's Z24 coughed up it's engine for no apparent reason, then the damned passlock system fried, and the dealership ripped out the wiring harness stating no power was reaching the fuel pump when the anti-theft was engaged...

Got rid of that POS and get her a Subaru Legacy GT Limited instead!

I still can't believe they got rid of the G8 without renaming it a Chevy. Awesome car, huge power, good ride, and seemingly well built as far as fit and finish and materials go.

Rebadging it causes a whole lot of drama. For one you got the warehouse full of Pontiac front ends (Pontiac is dead officially). To change the brand you'd have to submit it again for crash testing and then make more changes to it so people wouldn't associate it with Old "Rebadge Everything" GM. That and GM is trying to get people to think they care about fuel economy. Bob Lutz wanted to do it until he got shut down by the new guy running GM.

The G8 was great. I wasn't impressed by the interior materials though. That and I sat in a GXP and the shift boot had some weird oily substance. Hopefully it was the dealership trying to "clean" the leather.

I thought the Cadillac CTS used a version of the Zeta platform? Sad about the G8 but typical GM, when they get something right they stop making it.

CTS is on the Sigma II. Only car to ride that right now actually.

My wife's Z24 coughed up it's engine for no apparent reason, then the damned passlock system fried, and the dealership ripped out the wiring harness stating no power was reaching the fuel pump when the anti-theft was engaged...

Got rid of that POS and get her a Subaru Legacy GT Limited instead!

Passlock is a HUGE problem with GM's. Just went through that a few months back with my S10. Damn sensor was near $160. There's ways to reset it. Should've bypassed the resistor. It's relateively easy. I had a 1992 Cavalier Convertible and loved it. great fuel economy, great performance for a 4-cyl. And it wasn't half bad looking.