OOOPS

ChromoTech

I was out doing some 4x4ing and i guess i pushed the flex of my truck alittle too far.

I was maxing out the flex at about 1foot 4inches I got out and looked at my right rear shock and it had all the fluid draining out of it from the top gasket.

i was wondering are KYB shocks good for handling being maxed out?

I think Ill be reinstalling the rear bump stops to prevent this from happening again.

And how do I get more flex from my front end? it just doesnt flex very much. :wacko::aok:

he was thinking of your front and not the rear. must've read it too fast....

back on the topic. that will ruin your shocks since they're not meant for beyond max extension. just get longer shocks and you'll be fine or put the bumpstops back on as mentioned.

what do u mean?? ifs?

ifs = independent front suspension. The a - arm setup on the Pathfinders and most all newer trucks comprimises off road ability for on road handling. I think the only way to get more flex there is to remove the sway bar. I was very impressed with the way my Pathfinder handled some tough trails with both sway bars off. I made some "quick" front disconnects for cheap that I need to show you guys sometime.

And how do I get more flex from my front end? it just doesnt flex very much.

i really had to laugh when i saw those posts

:rolleyes:

no offence meant guys, just funny business going on..... :lol:

That's why you (CHROMOTECH) install some quick disconnects....easily disconnect them why off roading and reconnect them when you're done.

HEy REIDO!....post some photos or how bout giving us all an explination of how you did the disconnects?

:D

That's why you (CHROMOTECH) install some quick disconnects....easily disconnect them why off roading and reconnect them when you're done.

HEy REIDO!....post some photos or how bout giving us all an explination of how you did the disconnects?

:D

I'll try to get a hold of a camera tomorrow but if not I will post an explaination then pics later.