Manual Trans Fill Level

MrT

So I noticed a little Fluid around the drain plug of my transmission. Figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to check the level since I never have since I purchased it. To my surprise I got my arm showered in trans fluid. I know you are supposed to keep the WD21's overfilled but I can't find anything on Manual Trans R50's. I drained the extra fluid and was just wondering if it was a good idea to overfill it again. I was planning on changing the fluid over anyhow but wanted the word from the guys here to see what you all do.

Thanks.

So I noticed a little Fluid around the drain plug of my transmission. Figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to check the level since I never have since I purchased it. To my surprise I got my arm showered in trans fluid. I know you are supposed to keep the WD21's overfilled but I can't find anything on Manual Trans R50's. I drained the extra fluid and was just wondering if it was a good idea to overfill it again. I was planning on changing the fluid over anyhow but wanted the word from the guys here to see what you all do.

Thanks.

What is the build date of your Pathfinder? Most early 96's used the same tranny as the WD21's so it is necessary to overfill the tranny to get the proper amount of fluid. Check the build date on your door jamb (or the firewall, I can't remember which one). Once you have that, post back.

Edited by HFXpathfinders

I looked around and all I could find is an information plaque on the firewall but there was no obvious build date on it. Just the Transmission model which while the same as the TSB isn't included in the model years the TSB covers. I crawled under to try and find a serial on the Trans case itself to check but I couldn't find one anywhere I could see from underneath.

Edited by MrT