suspension rebuild

smoke

Latly been having the floating and pathy wobble again.........and i just changed the lower control arms early this year......march i think.....i do not do much off roading if any......mainly medians and yards and what not being a volly firefighter.....i have been looking and at posts and cant find the info i need or i dont see it

no lift everything stock and has 197XXX miles on them with being a 97

im assuming the springs are what i get the floating feeling from....where do i get sum beefed up springs from to corect this.....

can i get the control arms with poly bushins pre installed.....how hard is it to put poly in to the ones i have now??

what all is needed to do with the fron suspension in a rebuild??

any help would be great guys thanx

Edited by smoke

http://www.rocky-road.com/pathfindersus.html

Go here and buy the "medium duty" (which are actually light duty) springs. They will keep your lift to a minimum, while providing better than stock springs (I assume). But since your a 'firefighter' and drive over medians and stuff, then getting the 'heavy duty' (which are really medium) springs will suit you best, and it should only give you about 1.25" of lift over stock.

The poly bushings should need to be pressed off, but I'm not sure about the fronts. I'm also debating whether I should do this, too (since my pathy is up on jack stands, waiting for me to rebuild the suspension also...or convince my buddy to help SAS the fskcer, but thats a long while from now).

You should also get KYB GR2 struts and some new rear shocks (Bilstein or Rancho, but I hear better things about the former) to help with the 'floating' feeling. Also check your sway bar end links, as this could have an impact on this as well, but not by much.

Hope this helps a little and good luck!

Well from looking around on the net coil springs from 4x4parts look like the better deal for $145 per pair for medium duty springs....which should cost me round $300 shipped..... the shocks and struts are new well since march.....should i do anything for those??

also looking at bushings going poly since i got the pathy wobble back in the 6 months that i put new factory lower arms on.....also lookin under the front i saw that some links have torn bushings so im going to do those too... how hard is it to do the bushings on the front sway bar and lower conrtol arms in the front....anyone have a line for some polys for the front for 97 pathys.....all i see are gens prior and after the 97's......

after looking i cant seem to find a complete tear down and replacement of the front struts and coil springs is there anything out there on the website or the net that can be helpful??? or should i get my mech to do it??

• 2 weeks later...

jsut one more question to ask here before i take this on.........with the pathy sway problem.......would there be anything else that could/would make the pathy sway/death wobble... anything in the fornt end.....cus i now have this anoying bounching sound from my passenger front wheel....thanx guys