'94 Shifting funny

CO94LEV6

While traveling at any speed and you remove your foot from the accelerator, the transmission shifts into a higher gear when you reapply pressure to the accelerator the transmission then shifts back into a lower gear.

Any ideas on what is causing this?

So a month ago a had the mechanic look a the transmission fluid and he said it looked good and did not need to be changed. Today we looked and found that the tranny fluid was a quart low.

We added a quart and the problem of shifting is still apparent.

The problem of it downshifting when you let off the gas happens whether or not the overdrive button is pressed. If you are cruizing at 55 then let off the gas it downshifts and revves up. Step on the gas again and it will correct the shifting and get in the right gear. If you really step on it, it will downshift properly and accelarate.

Might be the TPS. I remember it kicked a code a while back for the TPS, but it hasn't ever come back so I thought it was just an old code that was never cleared out.

I heard the TPS was a pain to install and set properly. Is that true or was I just given a line of crap?

Follow the AT troubleshooting guide for in the FSM? There is a link at the top of the Garage section for downloading it...

B

FSM??? I found a self diagnosis PDF in the Garage How To's... is that what you are referring to?

Yes, sorry... Is it something like 16 megs and has many different folders, one labeled "AT"??

Yes, that is the Factory Service Manual. Let me supply the link just to make sure...

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?s=&amp...st&p=431027

Let me know if that doesn't work...

B