New doorlock problem?

abomb1

After searching on my problem, it looks like most of the doorlock issues are about the locks locking or unlocking on their own. Today I came across a different type of problem. When I hit the lock button on my key fob, it makes the noise it would make when there was a door open or something in the past, and the locks do not lock. I went around to all the doors and made sure they were all shut tight and tried it again with the same result. For some reason, my keyfob won't lock or unlock the doors any more, it just makes the alarm sound of a door being open when I try to lock them. I know that in the past, even if there was a door open when I hit the lock button, that the doors still locked, so that should rule out the possibility of a bad switch in a door. I can use my power locks button on the door and that works fine. Any ideas? :confused:

something is open. It could be any number of things including the hood or tailgate latch also. Mine had a bent pin on the connector to the alarm unit and was not making contact. It would, however, activate the locks and such. Since you are experiencing an open sensor as well as no operation to the locks, I would make sure your connector is in fully. Could have come loose with wheelin or shoving things under the seat. Unplug it, make sure all your pins look straight and shove it back in. Hope it works for ya.