A Good Day

Kittamaru

Oil Change - Complete

Front Left Turn Signal - Bulb Replaced

Air Filter - Drying now, once re-oiled will be reinstalled

Tightening loose Valve Cover screws (philips head screws, not bolts *shrugs*) - Complete

Satisfaction in knowing I've done all of this myself with my 12 year old kid brother - priceless.

Next up: Drain, Flush, Clean, and Refill coolant System & dispose of used oil (shop tank was full so I couldn't do it today)

Good, just keep at it...

Tightening loose Valve Cover screws (philips head screws, not bolts *shrugs*) - Complete

Yes, they are. Sorry if I said bolts, next time I'll say "fasteners"... :D

B

I finished putting my gas tank back together...had to wire brush grind the entire tank, solder on a new vent pipe, resealed the sending unit...chipped all the rust off the ass end of the frame, found a few holes.......ahh well...so, dropped the exhaust, stripped rear frame, ground and sprayed some weld-through primer...off to the metal scrap yard to pick up some steel to fix the @#%$ frame...

THAT was my day :yeahthat:

Heh, that'll be similar to my day when I get time to fix my boy rust :P

I just took her on a short run down the highway and back with the newly cleaned air filter - I think after everything today, I must've gotten back 3-4 Horsepower... she's accelerating quicker, shifting into a higher gear sooner, and not downshifting at all to maintain speed up slight inclines :)

Mine was the same way after I changed the sludge that was at one time oil! I couldn't believe how much HP I gained (also stuck in a K&N filter)...While changing the oil pan, I noticed that the oil probably hasn't been changed in a dog's age! ( I just got the truck about 2 months ago from "JUDGE"), he was fixing it up and I bought it off of him and am continuing where he left off...He never drove the truck, just bought it to fix up and found another one to play with instead...SO, long story short, it hasn't had an oil change in over a year! I had a hell of a time getting the oil filter off! It didn't look much like a filter when I was done with it! I have probably put a whole 30 miles on it since I got it too...

Dual filter? Auto I assume? I would love to relocate the oil filter for sure...gotta get that frame and fuel rail done first I guess...Once all the major stuff is done, I would like to get a clino for the dash, a relocation kit and fab up a snorkel for it as well (not sure if I would bury the 'ol girl in that much water), but would be a fun project!