removing core support?

wrightfox

i wrecked my finder. and i just need to replace the core support and then just the radiator, driver headlight, hood, and radiator resivour. i can do it all, but ive been wrenching at my finder all day. have everything off the front of it. so its only the radioator, back, that is still there. how the eff am i suppose to remove my core support?? i have no clue on how to do it. some one PLEASE HELP ME :(:doh::bwack::suicide::(

Edited by wrightfox

i wrecked my finder. and i just need to replace the core support and then just the radiator, driver headlight, hood, and radiator resivour. i can do it all, but ive been wrenching at my finder all day. have everything off the front of it. so its only the radioator, back, that is still there. how the eff am i suppose to remove my core support?? i have no clue on how to do it. some one PLEASE HELP ME :(:doh::bwack::suicide::(

Been there, not fun.

You'll be requiring a spot weld drill, or any drill really and basically you'll have to start working your way around drilling it out. I would suggest you obtain your replacement rad support to see exactly where all the attachment points are, then start drilling it off. That's about as much of a procedure as I can provide, it's not tricky, just labour. Once all the components were removed I think it took about 1-2 hours of drilling... but I remember some tight spots where I had to use my right angle drill.

A little vague on the details I know, but it was about 8-9 years ago.

Rim