Grinding/elongating strut mount holes?

ascdesigns

I'm starting a new thread since this topic is redirected back to the front suspension rather than the rear.

Question: has anyone successfully elongated the 4 holes (1 big, 3 small) on the sheet metal strut towers to allow a slight increase in caster (and maybe camber too)? I realize you can't go too far with this, but maybe just a 'smidgen'?

I'm going to try to shift the subframe this weekend, but if that doesn't go well, I wanted to see if this is an option. I'm thinking of grinding no more than 1/8" inch rearwards on the passenger side. This may provide the .5 degree bump in caster needed to even out my cross camber difference.

Thanks!

Al

Thanks - good advice! My difference in caster is .8 degrees right now. Left caster is 2.9 deg, Right is 2.1 deg. Some right outer tire wear is starting to become evident. Just trying to mitigate the wear.

- Al

Elongating the bottom holes used to be common practice. Now you can purchace adjustable camber bolts from NAPA that as you rotate them adjusts the angle for you.

As far as the top holes.... I don't think thats a good idea.

Edited by morpheus