Driving hurts my right foot beacause of the way the pedals sit?

I have the nice Nissan rubber floor mats, wear a size 13 shoe, and the area for the foot controls is too cramped. Where that hump comes out on the right side is right where I want to put my foot, but instead, it has to be angled in a little bit with my heel to the right. This puts all the pressure on the back right side of my heel, and my foot hurts like crazy after every time I drive, and while I am driving.

Has anyone else experienced this, and have a fix?

Thanks!

--Mike

Unlike Zibi, I think the issue is your seating position.

I wear size 13 as well and have no issues. Maybe you are sitting to far back or too close to the steering wheel. This can cause an un-natural position when driving.

I'm 6' and sit quite far back from the steering wheel. This allows more leg room and the controls are easily within foot reach. In fact, I have a friend who is 6'3" and drives in the same position, we swapped truck on occasion.

Try moving your seat back and get used to the additional reach with your feet. Or, if you are sitting too far back now, move closer. Either way, It will become normal very quickly and prevent your pain.

I have the nice Nissan rubber floor mats, wear a size 13 shoe, and the area for the foot controls is too cramped. Where that hump comes out on the right side is right where I want to put my foot, but instead, it has to be angled in a little bit with my heel to the right. This puts all the pressure on the back right side of my heel, and my foot hurts like crazy after every time I drive, and while I am driving.

Has anyone else experienced this, and have a fix?

Thanks!

--Mike

Edited by HFXpathfinders

Try removing the floor mat, maybe the floor mat bothers you. Does it matter what shoes you wear? A lot of things can make your foot uncomfortable. I've driven my 96 for 12 straight hours and been fine except for some cramping, and other days my foot is uncomfortable because I'll be wearing certain shoes.

Like the other dude said I also drive with my seat all the way down and all the way back, I'm 6' and wear size 12s.

But I was being serious to an extent, pathfinders aren't big trucks and depending on how you're built you might just naturally not find them comfortable. I'm comfortable in mine but I've got the seat all the way back and down and I'm fairly average height and build for a North American (and I don't drive like a "G"). My cousin drove it a couple times however and he's 6'5" and well over 300lbs and with absurdly large feet and he was jammed in like a sardine...he didn't bitch about it but thats because he's a rendeck and way too manly to every complain about driving, though I could tell.

Anyway the fix is just common sense...there are a million variables in something like this, it's not exactly rocket science. Move your seat, move your shoes, move your floor mats, if nothing helps then the driver position in the pathfinder obviously just isn't suited for you.