it's still a nissan, and it's givving me troubles.

darkestskydiver

so i also have an 86 nissan stanza 4wd wagon, i can get it to start on occasions but it will barley idle and is super rough. if you unplug the exhaust coil while at idle there is no difference nothing happens checked voltage at coil and it's good, swaped out coils for a good one and still same thing. if you try and hit the gas it's almost like it is getting too much fuel wot and it barely gets over 1k rpms. it ran good a couple of weeks earlier, then one day nothing. i have been messing with it for a while now checking everything i could think of to no avail. anyone got ne ideas??????? i'm stumped. it has spark and fuel???? i'm hoping some of yall in here might have some experience with these engines. funky little things with 8 spark plugs.

yeah i believe that's the one. we decided to just get the 86 hardbody running instead. it has the same motor in it but it is carbed instead of the mpfi like the other one. i read the codes on the stanza and it tripped every code the book listed but two lots of stuff needs replacing on it. but thanks for looking.

Edited by darkestskydiver