Gas Gauge doesn't work, question about cluster

solidbob

"Problems with your fuel and temp gauges are common with the 95 and older trucks. On the back of your cluster is a small box with some wires coming out of it going to different points on the cluster. This is a voltage regulator for the gauges and it is known to fail. I got a new one at my local dealer for about $25 and it took about a total of 2 min to replace. (from MrReverse)"

I got this from the tips thread. Just bought my 92' Pathfinder and gas gauge isn't working. I'm hoping this is the problem and it's not in the tank. Anyway, my question is: Where exactly is this cluster located? Is it in the dash behind he gauges or under the hood against the firewall? Sorry, I'm new to Pathfinders and haven't worked on any cars since high school. Any advice pics or descriptions of what this looks like would be great, thanks!

Yep. Take the cover off of the steering column and tilt the steering wheel down, it's not too hard to get to.

Make sure to check the brass screws also as these are the ground points and shouldn't be loose...

B