Intake & Exhaust suggestions?

joehurdler

Well,

As you know there is not much on the market for aftermakerket products for a pathy. I have an '01 pathy and I should have the below intake by this coming Friday and hopefully installed the same night after I get outta work...its the same model from '01 to '03.

Air Intake

As far as a exhaust -> I am open to suggestions bc that is my next step.

~jrvanas

Here mine is - got the intake on Friday - installed Saturday morning. Not too hard to intall - took about 1 hour. The only thing wrong with this kit is that there is a resinator I wished to keep - that mean I will have to drill some holes in the housing to attach the resinator - currently it is sitting there with velcro and a bungee cord.

My newly installed intake

I have a 99 with the 3.3 (so, different motor, but yeah). I have the JWT Pop-Charger intake and it went it very easily. I have a custom Flowmaster exhaust. Used a delta-flow 40-series Flowmaster muffler I bought on eBay and had an exhaust shop fabricate pipes to my specs. Works very well, sounds incredible and I get a very noticible increase in performance. :aok:

Hey Venge,

Do you happen to have a sound clip of your exhaust. I'm trying to decide on one...we have a custom exhaust shop here. Not sure if he just fabricates or makes from scratch - guess I should stop by.

Just looked - there is no web site :shrug: but here are his brands...

Brands:

magnaflow, flowmaster, bullet, remus

~jrvanas

Guest Blazing Red

I have a 2000SE and I installed a Magnaflow last fall. Ran the thing for about a month, but the decibels inside the cabin were to loud. Went and bought a Magnaflow resonator to cool down the interior noise. Oh ya, we increased the back pipes by a 1/2 inch and I have added stainless steel tip (welded on) coming straight out the back versus the OEM side discharge. The sound is beautiful, nice lil rumble to it. I live in the mountains outside Denver, and my 'seat of the butt dyno' definitely notices an increase in power. I really notice not having to tromp down anymore on the accelator to get up the mountain roads.

As far as intake, I searched and searched, and didn't see anything that looked half decent for installing. So, I examed the oem thoroughly and decided to drill 1" holes in a row in the plastic intake box, just below the filter (K&N Filter that is). Now I'm working on getting a direct flow from just behind the grill to these holes - don't want to suck any of that hot hot engine air in! ;) Have any you folks installed performance plug wires ?

Nice reply man,

I have not installed wires, I think my next tasks are exhaust and tires before winter. After that I might shoot for some plugs, but I'm pushing about 245hp to the wheels with my intake, not sure if I need too much more for a SUV, not like im going to 1/4 mile this thing - heehee.

~jrvanas

245 to the wheels? I think not. Stock 3.5 pathy is 240 @ the crank, factor in ~20% drivetrain loss, that equates to 192 at the wheels. So according to your calculations, with 245 @ the wheels, you are pushing 306hp at the crank, an increase of 66 crank hp with an intake? Once again, I think not :blink: