87 header issues

So im going to buy this 87 2 door, it was posted on here with a blown engine, but heres the deal

Here's the whole story about the motor: One day I was driving the pathfinder (around last October) and then it started idling rough. So, I parked it and then a couple hours later I went to start it again and it blew out some white smoke. It kept on smoking and then it started overheating so I took it home and then I took it to the repair shop the next day. They said that they believed it had a blown head gasket and this turned out to be more money than I wanted to spend. So the Pathfinder was parked and I got a new car but then I didn't want to drive the new car in the salty winter so I drove the Pathfinder again for about a month with it smoking really bad and I was constantly adding coolant. After a month of this, it started smoking white from underneath the hood so I parked it again for the rest of the winter. Now, it has no compression and it doesn't start but there isn't coolant in the oil and it doesn't leak coolant. So, I think the head cracked or the head gasket is completely blown out but I think the engine is beyond repair now since I ran it for so long when it was burning coolant. The Pathfinder has been sitting outside now since December. Sorry for the long explanation but that is the whole story. The ironic thing is I actually had a brand new head put on it just 4,000 miles ago and it failed.

What should i do? Nunya is going to hook me up with a head, and im going to have a mechanic friend look for issues, but do these symptoms sound like a specific issue?

Edited by OldSlowReliable

• 3 weeks later...

sounds like a rebuild to me. but im not as fully experienced as others on here. i would start with a compression test if possible. if not sounds like a good project car if its cheap enough