engine code?ignition miss fire

guampath

well i was driving my path around the other day and everything was fine the i pulled up to a friends house and it started to get a low idle and jump up and down,

didnt know what it was tryed to drive it and then let off the clutch and it died on me started it up again and then took off again and had to give it alot of gas just to take off. as i was driving around after that to try to see if it would go away the truck started to jump almost like i was getting on and off the gas fast but the RPMs stayed the same.stoped and just about red lined it and it went away.

got to a shop and did a check engine light cus it came on and it was a ignition miss fire.

first thing that i thought was to change my plugs an wires so i did that,

then today it started to do it again, rev it and it went away no engine light today.

does anyone know what it can be or does anyone know someone that would?

going to do a lucus injec clean today and see if it does anything.

o yea i have around 195*** miles on her now

Edited by guampath

well i was driving my path around the other day and everything was fine the i pulled up to a friends house and it started to get a low idle and jump up and down,

didnt know what it was tryed to drive it and then let off the clutch and it died on me started it up again and then took off again and had to give it alot of gas just to take off. as i was driving around after that to try to see if it would go away the truck started to jump almost like i was getting on and off the gas fast but the RPMs stayed the same.stoped and just about red lined it and it went away.

got to a shop and did a check engine light cus it came on and it was a ignition miss fire.

first thing that i thought was to change my plugs an wires so i did that,

then today it started to do it again, rev it and it went away no engine light today.

does anyone know what it can be or does anyone know someone that would?

going to do a lucus injec clean today and see if it does anything.

o yea i have around 195*** miles on her now

Ignition misfire usually leads to need new distributor.....

Is it possible that you have been driving though large water puddles or parking over an automatic sprinkler head? Is there some post ignition burning in the exhaust manifolds (loud popping sound)

Seen this before almost sounds like water/condensation in the distributor cap....

Edited by Alkorahil

Is it possible that you have been driving though large water puddles or parking over an automatic sprinkler head? Is there some post ignition burning in the exhaust manifolds (loud popping sound)

Seen this before almost sounds like water/condensation in the distributor cap....

well there is a tick sound somewhere around the distributor side of the engine but its not that loud and only does it every now and then

do go into some big mud pits and here on guam its rainy season.

today it just went dead and now i cant start it anymore was thinking it might be the pump but havent had the time to take off the gas tank.

there is an access hole in the back, just peel the carpet

nice didnt know that thats so much help now that i know that

do you know where the ignition coil is at i cant find it

any pics?

Ok to day i took off the fuel filter both lines at each end of the filter had gas coming out so i think im going to say that the fuel pump should be good cus theres gas in my lines.

i checked the distributor cap for cracks or dust looks good doesnt move around or anything didnt pull out the whole distributor just the cap

i was looking at the little tab under the distributor the one that spins and hits all the plug ends looks to be really small but not sure what size i should be yet.

all the fuses are good (in the cab and under the hood)

cant really take the whole distributor out today cus of the rain,

but is there anything that anyone can think of or is there anything that i didnt look for or at that might be the problem.

Ok man, check this thread out.

This one hurt my feeling as I had a 98 with only 114K (?) and gave up loking for its source of problems!

its a strong engine you just have to find those small things that are cheap and break easy or just go out on stock

but with all that said i still have yet to find whats the problem,

not that i cant find it i just havent had the time or anyone to help me.

like turn the key so that i can see if its the distrbuter or what

Is there any sort of codes being given by the computer?

only that one for the miss fire havent ran it for any codes lately but did pull the fuel filter and was shocked by what i seen

gas in the filter was black black and there was alot of dirt and grind in there

so i changed it but dont know if my gas tank is the same way or if my injectors are clogged

IMG_1823-1.jpg