diesel body lift !

jumper

Same year and all!!!

I did have a few things i was worrying about with a body lift:

You would have to extend the lines from the fuel filter to the injector pump.

The air cleaner being mounted on the guard will need to be cut and an extention put in it.

Other than that i think its all the same as with the petrol.

diesel boy where did you get your snorkel ,body lift and any other mods ?

What the deal with the ltsa, do you have to tell them about body lift ,wider tyres , susp upgrades etc. Whats the best way to get engine running better, cleaner !

same truck but mine is grey

Right, don't know weather your based Nth or Sth island, but here goes:

Snorkel - Airflow, NZ4x4 Equipment $350

Suspension lift 50mm - P&H suspension Hamilton $550 installed and alighned

Steering stabiliser - $150 from same place fitted (they made bracket)

Shocks - Rancho RS5000 $95 each from AWF in auckland

Hubs - AVM manual $270 from same place

ROH steel rims - 15 X 7 $75 each, same price at all firestone dealers

Engine wise, i went to my fravourite place in Hamilton, Turbo Diesel and Automotive.

Taking the Safari there when im up north next for new injectors. They know Nissans, and there workman ship is thebest i have ever come accross!!

I took the Terrano in fearing a blown turbo.

After showing me what the problem really was (huge amounts of gunk in the intake manifold) and telling them i had $700 to spend, they put new injector nozzles on, removed the EGR which was clogging up the intake manifold, resurfaced the rocker arms and tuned the whole thing.

The difference was huge!!!!! Money well spent i say.

I then put a K&N on and a straight through silencer. Even better then.

No props with the suspension lift as far as LTSA were concerned, never got round to a body lift, didn't need to, managed to run Simex Centipedes as it was.

Suspension lift would be cheaper than what i paid if you installed the springs your self and wound up the torsion bars. All you would have to pay for would be the springs andthe alignment.

Any more Q's, just ask!!

Also, if you want the hubs, front shocks, and steering stabiliser which i was talking about before in the post above, let me know, they are all just sitting on a shelf in my garage gathering dust. The hubs and shocks have done bugger all work, like a few hundred K's on road and about two 4X4 trips over the space of about two and a half months. The steering stabiliser has done a bit more work, was on the vehicle for about 7months.

I pulled all this stuff of before i sold it, and am open to offers if your interested.

Just a rough idea of what i think its all worth:

Hubs $150

Shocks $50 each

Steering stabiliser $80

But at the end of the day its only worth what some one will pay for it!!

Oh, and theres a K&N airfilter as well, recently cleaned, but i can service it again for you if you wanted that. $50

Just a thought,

Peter.

'Oh, and theres a K&N airfilter as well, recently cleaned, but i can service it again for you if you wanted that. $50'

have you still got the air filter ?

i took my air filter off and it was thick with dirt :rolleyes: looking for a new one

i am in wellington

Hey.

Sold the Terrano to get a short wheel base Safari/Patrol.

Hubs - on a 4wd you have special free wheeling hubs on the front to dissconnect the wheels from the diff. Terranos come out with automatic ones which are ok, but can be tempremental and let you down, so most people that are serious put manual ones on. Im not sure you understand what im on about so i'll post a picture and it will all make sense!!

Shocks - No, you will need new springs for the rear, and crank the front torsion bars up. The shocks improve the ride and handleing alot on and off road, but they will not lift the vehicle. Air shocks will, for lots of $$$$!!!

The Steering Stabiliser has the bracket to the chassis with it. P&H made it in Hamilton, its nothing special.

Yep, i have the filter still, all I've sold so far is the bull bar and used the rear Rancho shocks as a duel Steering Stabiliser on the Safari.

Im in Westport (origionally from Hamilton, bin here 1yr). Im going up to Hams for my brothers 21st in two weeks, I get off the Ferry in Wellington at about 11:30 on the 21st of Sept, so if your at work or what ever i could hang round till lunch. Wanted to go to Real Groovy anyway. Can't hang round to long though, alot of hours driving to do to get from there to Hamilton. 16hrs in Total.

I'LL take some pics of every thing when my next shift starts on friday and i can pinch a decent camera from work.

Cheers,

Peter.

i'll have the airfilter , steering damper and the front shocks if you still have them all ?

About the hubs was that price for both or one hub? looked them up on the inet ! :clap:

The ferry sounds like a good idea anytime will suit as i work from home, could meet in the car park as you get off the ferry ! no waiting around.

i suppose you are open to an offer on the price !

Yep, that would work!!

There all still there, and I'll keep them for you. Hubs, yep its for the set.

Ferry car park would be good.

Give me a ring on 021433135, or post your No. and i'll call you and we can sort it out.

Im open to offers, its all only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it!!!!! After all, it is used (not very used) but that makes all the difference in what you can expect to get for it second hand.

Hey i will make you an ofter on monday i will have to see what the bank account says!! :confused:

i looked at my road user licence today and it was over by 10,000 km :furious: :shrug: gonna cost me $400+ by the time i get a couple more 1000 k's

rob