How do I wire headlights to turn off with ignition?

pktzygt

The thing that chimes when the door is open and the headlights are on is malfunctioning. It chimes when the headlights are off....sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't work at all.

Instead of troubleshooting a bunch of stuff that doesn't work the way I want ti to, I would prefer to disconnect the annoying chime and do it my way. So, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I want to wire it so that the headlights and parking lights will turn off when I turn the key to the off position.

cut the origional wireing and go to a realay. Just like a set of spotties. I have already looked into it. Just need to do it twice for hi and low beam..... And just wire it into the existing switch on the colum

cut the origional wireing and go to a realay. Just like a set of spotties. I have already looked into it. Just need to do it twice for hi and low beam..... And just wire it into the existing switch on the colum

So, basically I would need a triple throw double throw relay for the parking light, headlights and high beams? I need to wire it between those 3 I listed above and any interrupted power wire from the truck? It looks like I need to brush up on my relay knowledge. I don't remember how the wiring goes.

• 1 month later...

to make it simpler; I did a direct battery relay for my headlinghts I used 2 relays 1 for high and 1 for low and had a single battery + wire going to both of them.

Just do that and run a 3rd relay to interupt the battery wire, wire the trigger to the same trigger as the main relay on the fenderwall and then your headlights can still maintain the shortest elctrical path to the battery for low voltage drop.

and Using the main relay they will stay on for 15sec after the engine is turned off, thats what I have my fan wired to.