Looking for some Kiwi help

k9sar

Thanks KiwiPete!

Lots of good information there! Especially the part about doing Doubtful Sound instead of Milford! Or in addition to! I really hesitate to let my twin brother (he has never been to NZ) miss the drive to Milford! The information about the Salmon farms is also very interesting as I have absolutely no interest in fishing but love to eat fish! For me fishing should be done with a seine, a credit card, or dynamite. My previous experience with the southeast part of the south island is one of boredom, flat land, and sleeping a lot...when someone else was driving of course! Right now our plans are to return to Queenstown from Te Anau then jog over to the east side of the mountains and head for Mount Cook. So we probably will completely bypass the Catlins. Thanks for confirming my suspicions about spending half a day in Arthur's Pass. I am curious about having written "crayfish" beside Kaikoura on my map from my very first trip. I do remember buying a big one from a processing plant somewhere. Might have been there. Is that an especially active cray area? It sounds like you can buy them from roadside stands from your description. We sort of cheated last trip and bought some directly from a fisherman on the other side of the island from you. That seemed to be breaking the law because of a quota system and was done with a bit of secrecy. The old streetcar/bus dinner trip in Christchurch sounds like a touristy blast! Oh, I have been in contact with a couple of motels in Christchurch, The Airport Gateway Motorlodge, and the AArburg Airport Motel. I see from Google Earth there are a couple more along Roydvale Ave. Know anything about them? Again, thanks a lot for the information!