Hello from New Jersey

Hi I am a newbie to the forum...

I have been an owner of a 91 pathy se-v6 for over 5 years now (I'm the third owner) and this is a really nice truck, so far its only been a daily driver.

It got rear ended a few times over the years so I had to replace the tire carrier...lol Also, its been in one small fender bender but nothing big. The engine was replaced in 2001 for a 94 engine and thats about it.

Will post a pic soon...

I only got 1 question so far

Can anyone point me to a link or explain on how to properly manipulate the overdrive function?

I have heard many different things like turn it off when driving below 45 mph and turn it off when towing a trailer, etc.

Edited by Tungsten

Welcome. There should be information in the owners manual about overdrive. I can look next tiem I'm out at my truck if you don't find anything.

Welcome!!

I have heard many different things like turn it off when driving below 45 mph and turn it off when towing a trailer, etc.

Yes, precisely. Also turning off the OD when doing a lot of steep grade driving is a good idea. Another important item for the auto tranny is to bypass the stock radiator cooler as they are prone to clogging, and install an aftermarket unit.

B

Welcome!!

Yes, precisely. Also turning off the OD when doing a lot of steep grade driving is a good idea. Another important item for the auto tranny is to bypass the stock radiator cooler as they are prone to clogging, and install an aftermarket unit.

B

Is there a special recommended mounting place for the aftermarket transmission cooler?

Any particular brand or model of cooler?

Thanks

Edited by Tungsten

Is there a special recommended mounting place for the aftermarket transmission cooler?

Any particular brand or model of cooler?

Thanks

Most people mount them between the AC condensor and the radiator or infront of the AC condendor like I did. It's tight but it'll fit. There are some threads on the topic, let me go find them.

B

Here, if this doesn't answer you, nothing will... :D

B