Quaker state ATF

Hey everyone. My 2 years is up and need to do a tranny drain and fill. For some reason my local nissan dealership doesnt want to sell me ATF so I am looking to go none nissan fluid. I know the manual says to use dexron iii fluid the only one i can find with that on the front label is ATF from shell. I am also looking at quaker stare multi vehicle which says it can be used for dexron ii and iii applications. Has anyone tried any of these fluids? One dealership told me to use Pennzoil but found out that quaker state actually owns pennzoil so lookin in the q state direction.

Thanks

Yep, standard Dexron III. Anything marked with it will be okay. The Auto's aren't nearly as sensitive to fluid types as the manual transmissions. You'll be fine.

For what it's worth, Pezzy and I both had our transmissions flushed/filled at a Mr. Lube using their house brand Dexron III almost 2 years ago (my friend manages the shop) and we've both been just fine.

Edited by Simon

Yep, standard Dexron III. Anything marked with it will be okay. The Auto's aren't nearly as sensitive to fluid types as the manual transmissions. You'll be fine.

For what it's worth, Pezzy and I both had our transmissions flushed/filled at a Mr. Lube using their house brand Dexron III almost 2 years ago (my friend manages the shop) and we've both been just fine.

cool man, thats good to know, plus the q state is much cheaper then the nissan ATF. How much they charge you to flush the tranny? do you remember how much fluid they used?

thanks

They used 12L to flush all the bad stuff out, while filling. Not all of the new stuff stayed in the tranny/torque converter, but most did.

It cost us $70CDN each, or so, but we were both only charged for a Geo Metro or something similar. :lol:

Good to have friends in the industry. :aok: