VQ Valve covers

So for those of you with a VQ, when cyl #5 gets oil in the spark plg galley, be prepared to buy a new valve cover!

This is apprently the only fix suggested....as well as the fix for the blocked up oil passages leading to PCV failure and massive oil consumption.

I do not have oil consumption problems, but I certainly have oil in the plug hole...this is the left side of the engine close to the firewall. I don't think it will be hard to change, I am interested in knowing if anyone else has tried a different method of stopping the leak.

Perhaps there is a cheaper alternative than to buy $150 valve cover or "rocker assembly cover". :thumbsdown:

I will be doing plugs this summer...hopefully no oil...

I will def. be doing your PCV catch trick in the next couple weaks, expect some pathetic PMs if I can't find anything searching.

I searched for parts descriptions for this item, none of which say that you get valve cover grommets for spark plug tubes...they don't have pics either to show what you are getting. Just that you will get a valve cover gasket. I am under the impression that the only way to get a new plug tube grommet is to buy a new valve cover...likewise apparently the plastic/fiber valve covers warp after getting hot "X" amount of times.