Thrashing wheeling

180sx

OK, so I went wheeling a few weeks ago (to say bye to my old bald tires, haha). While wheeling, I hit a good size rock, followed by a nice hole. Nothing happened to my ride or anything. Over the next couple weeks, I noticed that once in a while my suspension "pops" when turning the steering wheel.

OK, so when I changed out my tires, I took a look, and noticed that my spring was crooked. It's sitting on the outside edge of the strut. The part the curves up, it's on top of that! And the other side is not even sitting right!!

Has this happened to any of you? I'll post up a picture when I get a chance. This is crazy!

*will be fixed soon*

Jose

Could be worse! Seen the pictures of Fueler's ride when his strut ripped open the mounting point in the engine bay? Shouldn't be an issue if you just droop the suspension and compress the spring - toss it back where it's supposed to be...should fix your problem. Hope it works out.

hahah

P8080178.jpg

the tire was so hot

P8080179.jpg

P8080180.jpg

P8080181.jpg

u should see the trail i had to return on, with the strut in this condition.... it was crazy! If youre still driving around then youre in good shape!

haha. that happned to me before too! Well, not as bad. The top nut on the shaft broke off. But my spring was just like that! I had to drive backwards to keep the wheel from falling out!!! Luckily i wasn't on a bad trail (no rocks and stuff)

Two nuts? like right on top of each other? Hmm...I wonder how that works. I also blame my incident on the strut mounts. The holes were getting worn out, effectively becoming Slots...haha.