newbie from Cote Nord,Canada

Pinip

...kind of Newbie...since i already posted a topic in Product Reviews before presenting myself... Sorrrrrrrrry.

Quite a bit of reading on this site...quite brainstorming, so much infos to digest... at the least impressive !! Nice machines i have seen... endless hours of reading comments and very instructive informations... Felicitations !! to all members!!

Edited by Pinip

thank you again,

Funny ...thinking of owning a path...i have had so many vehicules, such as volvo, Fiat rally, citroen break (now you now i am french), ford van, international (a tank ), dodge fargo 1956 modified, Chrysler newport ( a ship )audi 100, audi 5000 ( i must have spent $10000 on that chic living room )...even a Xterra ( the bank (the crooks) ceased it)... one day i bought this one, the Path, $400, canadian dollars...i put $2600.00 just for parts, i am not taking in account the work on the body... i end up with a very basic path 4x4... no chrome, no mods, nothing yet... i have been through inimaginable places with it... i thought i would get stock in sand, in rivers up to the bumper...far of the deep end... i drive it, just about every day, and when i do i drive by the sounds it makes...it becomes part of me and i become part of it...nuts no ? My father was a mechanic for 45 years, i have been hanging around, even though i don't do mechanics, i know quite a bit...so i lay down under to check things...like i knew my manual transmission was a little whiny...wondering why...cause it's not made out of teflon...i have got that instinct...and the only thing i know about Pathfinders 89 to 95, is that Japanese made them the best they could, to be able to compete with american products... and they made one of the best simple and fonctional 4x4 that could be made... Their default... They had to import the steel to fabricate those ,carbon being a luxury, and they were buying it not thinking of salt... so they rust... but otherwise...i think it is one of the best real 4x4 you can own... and i am so proud that Renault associated with Nissan... Europeen mechanique is delicate but so advanced , although i can't stand those vehicules that look like a suppository... question of ''feeling'' i guess...

Edited by Pinip

Bienvenue fellow Canadian! :beer:

Where abouts is Cote Nord? Is it near Sept-Iles? :scratchhead:

yes, about 976 kms north-east of Montreal...about 11 hours normal driving non-stop except for fueling/sandwiches/toilet... past 7-iles... the wild east...and if you go to Nathashquan, 375kms further east...no more road...you get your vehicule on a container on a boat...or you take the plane !! It's one of the last 5 places in the world besides the poles that are just about ''untouched' ...preserved ( not for long i am afraid !! )... look at the map of humanfootprint on internet... wild, bears on the beach every spring and fall looking for berries, a shelter for migrating goose, ducks, seals on the beach... even can swim in the water for 3 weeks, in august... must wait for the high tide, the sand exposed to the sun, heats the water coming up lol... get used to it... you go 50 kms north of the main road 138, hardly any road go north, you'll get yourself, where no one has set foot... except hare (wild rabbit), partridge, ducks, goose, pork-epic,beavers, bears, ...that's the menu if you get lost ...not much vegetables grow here except potatoes, because of the sand!! ...sand storms in summer sometimes (should see my spoted windshield). Just about every year the road get's cut off by torrential rain...sometimes for one week... they send all the goods by boat...better have some flour in reserve to make bread and cans of milk... !!!

Offroading...basically part of everyday's life if you live in this area... lot's of 4x4 around here...cause in winter, if you like snow, you get more than your share...

i drove from Montreal to the wild west (vancouver Island) and Yukon, wen't through Manitoba, Saskatshewan, Alberta ( the great food reserve of Canada), British-Comlumbia then down to San Diego, working my way down, Oregon, California, Salton Sea... marvelous to...and here is a wild forgotten East !! It is a beautiful world...but i do not know for how long... !!!

Edited by Pinip