First post, got questions

EmptyV

Hey everyone first post here, came from NICO.

So it's time for new tires and can't hurt to change out suspension so I'm going to do the 2" AC Lift. I've got an 01 QX4 2WD with stock 16x7" rims. I've been checking the forums and manufacturers sites and can't figure out if my rims are wide enough for 32's. Do I need new rims and with the lift and will I be able to fit 285's? I'm guessing that the answer is no to both but have a glimmer of hope that I can save some $$$ on the rims.

Thanks!

Billy

Welcome to the forums! :)

I'm afraid if I start rattling things off I'll get something wrong, but if you do a search you should be able to find the answers pretty quickly.

Btw, you should make an introduction post here.

Oh yeah to answer the question/s, 32's would fit but would rub the hell on the strut tower, so yeah go a head & get ya some after market 16x8's & be done with it. And alsmost any size tire will fit (within reason) with enough trimming :new576:

Thanks for the welcome guys. I gotta say this seems like a good place to be with a much friendlier interface. The company doesn't seem half bad either :D

So if I don't want to take off the bumpers and maybe replace the running-boards with tubing what's the biggest I can go with the 2"er? I'd like to put the 285's on but afraid that I'll limit the already sh!tty sh!tty turning radius.

Billy

Well, you can fit 285s with some 16x8s with 4" or less backspacing. If you go with any higher backspacing, then the tire will contact the spring perch on the strut. 285s WILL require that you trim some. Most people just go with a 265.