jammed door lock?

Guest evylgrynn

Guest evylgrynn

Hi,

the driver's side door lock on my 89 Pathfinder seems to be jammed, I cannot get it unlocked to get the door open!

Since I cant get the door open, I cannot get the door panel off to look inside, I'm not sure what is jammed since I dont know quite how the locking mechanism works. Has anyone seen this happen? I dont really want to cut apart the door panel, but it looks like I might have to, unless someone here has any suggestions. Thanks in advance

Can you give us some more Information, IE. was the Truck sitting for a while, Did Someone attempt to open the door while it being unlocked, Is it Stuck halfway open, ETC.

Have you tried a Key? both locking and Unlocking?

Guest evylgrynn

no, the truck had only be sitting for a couple of hours, I drove to work and it was at lunchtime.

there is an actuator in the door which pops the button up, so either that is jammed or the locking mechanism is stuck. I cant tell, because I cant get the door open. I tried calling a locksmith and he said he could not do anything, a slim jim wouldnt work because I cant pull the button up from the inside, I cant even budge it.

When you pull up on it, Does it feel like the Motor in the actuator is Fighting back at you? (if you push down, it wants up, if you Pull, it wants down), if so, un hook your battery. its a stab in the dark, but if the actuator is Hung electrically, then removing power to it MAY release the Lock mech. my dads stanza had the same problem, and i yanked the battery and it released. i then replaced the actualtor. No probem. and YES THEY ARE THAT STRONG!!