I gained 1.5" clearance

TheCrow

Tomorrow I am going offroad with Paty but this time i am not going to bend the side steps so...

I removed them and took the measurements and it looks like tomorrow i am going to benefit from 1.5" clearance :bounce:

Besides the clearance Paty looks more like a street girl then a classy girl , the only negative thing i noticed the incline to the front is more obvious without the side steps .

For those who wonder how come he is going on a friday offroad trip in this part of the world week end is friday and saturday so i get my week end before you do ;)

P.S : I would have posted some pics but i am at work ;)

Edited by TheCrow

i slammed on mine pretty hard, and they never bent. i finally removed them when i got under the truck and saw that the bottoms were either completely missing, rusted and were about to be missing, or completely smashed in. they looked fine from the top, though!

Hi everyone ,

I agree with you all about the risk , but i couldn't resist the temptation of having more clearance and go where i was unable to go ;)

Now that I have tried it , my side steps will remain in very good condition ;) at the shelves and rocker sliders would be on the wish list , till i get them i hope i wont bang against any obstacle and regret it

Last time i ended up sitting on my side steps this time Paty had no problem

DSC02375.jpg

Hi everyone ,

I agree with you all about the risk , but i couldn't resist the temptation of having more clearance and go where i was unable to go ;)

Now that I have tried it , my side steps will remain in very good condition ;) at the shelves and rocker sliders would be on the wish list , till i get them i hope i wont bang against any obstacle and regret it

Last time i ended up sitting on my side steps this time Paty had no problem

DSC02375.jpg

Exactly the reasons I took mine off...I hacked the exhaust off, too, 'cause that was the first thing to get caught up when coming down off rocks...and the mudflaps, because I was always hanging them up on the smallest stuff...spare tire went to the roof, 'cause I hit that a couple times....but the exhaust, for sure is a nice thing to tuck back under...I started with the rear (muffler? resonator? I dunno....) and eventually just hacked it all off and installed a Flowmaster 40. Sounds good and doesn't get hung up. I really had no choice though, 'cause I squished the tailpipe on a granite slab...

Exactly the reasons I took mine off...I hacked the exhaust off, too, 'cause that was the first thing to get caught up when coming down off rocks...and the mudflaps, because I was always hanging them up on the smallest stuff...spare tire went to the roof, 'cause I hit that a couple times....but the exhaust, for sure is a nice thing to tuck back under...I started with the rear (muffler? resonator? I dunno....) and eventually just hacked it all off and installed a Flowmaster 40. Sounds good and doesn't get hung up. I really had no choice though, 'cause I squished the tailpipe on a granite slab...

I understand you well as i have been thru the same but I have not reached this stage yet ;) as i am still suing Pathy as my daily drivers i wouldn't be able to go all the way on it but i do have plans of having a tire mount on the back of it and 2"lift and with lack of major obstcles in the desert she will be doing fine .

Always remember just because you CAN drive over that rock doesn't mean you SHOULD drive over that rock. :lol:

(Man this photo is old, from way back when I had those old Uniroyal tires)

The problem is that we know it but yet still go ahead and do it :headwall: , I guess we can not resist the temptation on the trail

From the little i can see of them those Uniroyal look bad

The problem is that we know it but yet still go ahead and do it :headwall: , I guess we can not resist the temptation on the trail

From the little i can see of them those Uniroyal look bad

Yeah that was the last weekend they were on the truck. The next weekend I had my Yokohama's. So much better.