Skid installed

The old junk. Apparently, this H-bar looking thing is also protecting the front end stuff, not just the plastic splash guard. I never knew I had this down there until I had to remove it to install the skid :rolleyes:

post-7-1091921818.jpg

The only part of this operation that caused me trouble; the skid does not fit with a grille guard. In this picture you can see where the grille guard bolts overlap where the skid goes. I had to do some 'custom cutting' to get the bolts to go through the skid (that metal is thick!). But it all worked out in the end. However, Marcel, you may want to either notify customers of this or just slightly cut the skid to fit. It seems like it would only be a tiny bit of trimming at either corner to make it work. Maybe you could do it on a customer to customer basis. ;) Anyways, great skid, great workmanship. Hopefully I can put it to the test soon here :D

post-7-1091926219.jpg

Hey Big Johnson,

Can you e-mail me blackpantherorders@mts.net a bunch of pics of the holes that are used for the Grill guard is it where the front tow hook bolts are ? And where you had to trim the plate? Then I can make it so no trimming would be required if you had that Guard.

I am picking up a Guard or making one in the next couple of months so kinda does me no good right now for fitting purposes.

Thanks

:beer:

Yeah, I can take a few pics of how its set up now. However, I don't know if I can get the pics I took of the modified skid, they're on another camera. I wont be able to get pics of the grille guard mounting holes, (just put the grille guard on, and its kind of a production to get it on/off with just one person) but I will take pics of the bolts and where they are in relation to the tow hooks and skid, etc. :D