struts/shocks, how soft are they supposed to be?

fukkeneh240

Hello,

I am a newb and I searched but nothing for my exact question. but anyways... how soft is the stock suspension supposed to be?

Everytime I go over a speed bump the front end nose dives/bounces a few times and seems a bit soft. But I am not sure if it is supposed to do that or not because it is a heavy vehicle and I know I won't get a car like response. (This is my FIRST SUV) SO what am I suppose to expect for a R50's suspension? Is this normal and supposed to bounce a few time even after I get new struts up front?

Everytime I drive and hit a pot hole or dip in the road I can feel a stuttering like vibration in the front passenger side strut and the vibration up the steering column and at my wheel. closest thread was this http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...0&hl=shocks

both symptoms from previous experience with cars with stock suspension or coilovers tell me that the front struts are blown. But I am not 100% positive because I am not sure if the R50's suspensions are meant to be that soft or not.

Thanks for listening.