Electrical problem need help

irocjoecool

What do the battery light, temp gauge, tachometer, fuel gauge, turn signals, power windows, and cruise control have in common?

Do they share a power feed or a ground?

I just replaced my voltage regulator on the dash and that didn't make a difference.

the tach normally works, but when you push a power window switch, turn signal, or press the cruise button it will often times bottom out the tach and the feature(window, cruise, etc) will not work. then sometimes (rarely) it all works fine

What do the battery light, temp gauge, tachometer, fuel gauge, turn signals, power windows, and cruise control have in common?

Do they share a power feed or a ground?

I just replaced my voltage regulator on the dash and that didn't make a difference.

the tach normally works, but when you push a power window switch, turn signal, or press the cruise button it will often times bottom out the tach and the feature(window, cruise, etc) will not work. then sometimes (rarely) it all works fine

I would look at the ground connections.

Sometimes it is (let's call if 'off" with 'off' being nothing works and warning lights on) 'off' when I crank the car, and none of the things mentioned will work.

Then the gauges will start working and the warning lights will go out

Sometimes this means all of the electronics will work, sometimes if you try to use the cruise, blinker, or power windows it will make everything go 'off' again

and I have searched over the last few months and everything points to voltage regulator, which did NOT fix this

Edited by irocjoecool