finally goingto fix her

json3904

alright i know i havent really been on in a long time and im sorry.... but now i have a few ?'s about my vg30 rebuild...

alright first thing is its already been pulled but the bad part about it is it was exposed to the elements during the hurricane we had a while back and now i have to rebuild further into the motor than what was previously discussed....

it has been a while since i pulled the motor apart and it is about 45min from me so i am going to ask a few /'s

like how many lifters total are in the vg30 i know half of mine were shot but i am going to replace all of them..

i am going to pull the cylinders should i bore it out or keep it factory...

should i change the main bearings??? is there a way to check them to see if they need replacing????

i will have some more ?'s but i have to go for now, thanks for any input yall have for me...

alright i know i havent really been on in a long time and im sorry.... but now i have a few ?'s about my vg30 rebuild...

alright first thing is its already been pulled but the bad part about it is it was exposed to the elements during the hurricane we had a while back and now i have to rebuild further into the motor than what was previously discussed....

it has been a while since i pulled the motor apart and it is about 45min from me so i am going to ask a few /'s

like how many lifters total are in the vg30 i know half of mine were shot but i am going to replace all of them..

i am going to pull the cylinders should i bore it out or keep it factory...

should i change the main bearings??? is there a way to check them to see if they need replacing????

i will have some more ?'s but i have to go for now, thanks for any input yall have for me...

12 lifters

if you bore them, replace your rings

if you're pulling the pistons, you have access to the bearings. If you replace them, make sure you have the right size

The only way to really know to bore the cylinders is to inspect for bad scoring. if they look good and if you can check with precision measuring tools you might be able to get away with just re-honing the cylinder walls.

It all depends how in depth of a rebuild you want to do.

Changing the main bearings would probably be a good idea if you are already in there.

It is one of those things where if you are in there you might as well do it if you plan on keeping for some time.

Re-ring it, Hone the cylinder walls and replace those bearings and call it a day. oh and change the RMS too

Edited by Creekkid

alright this is what i plan on doing

new rings

rod bearings

main bearings

full gasket kit

timing belt

crank seal (front main)

rear main seal

12 lifters (unless i can salvage some of the old ones)

new plugs & wires

re hone the cylinders

put her back together and hit the trails again

everything except the plugs and wires is going to cost right around $420 + the oild to fill her back up...

thanks for the responses and if anyone is needing gaskets or anything like that i have a great website that has the full kit pretty cheap....

alright well i was going to buy the parts to fix her Monday but my Xterra is sitting in the driveway with a busted timing belt so the pathy will have to wait some more till i get some more money.... today wasn't a good day at all...