New guy from va

What's up everyone. Been on the site for a couple months now just reading posts, but never posted myself. To start my names nathan, I live in southwest VA. I'm 21 and graduated from Wyotech about a year ago, in which i study automotive technologies and chassis fabrication. I work as a machinist/welder/fabricator.

The Pathfinder is an 89 seV6 2dr 5spd. This is my first import vehicle as i mostly been in to domestic muscle since I've had my license( also have a 1990 Mustang GT project going on as well right now). I bought the Nissan as a daily driver that i can still have some fun in with some mild wheelin. For now its all stock except for some 31x10.50s and alittle stereo work. My first plans are rebuild the suspension and steering, and I'm gathing parts for a 3 inch suspension lift right now. After that I will probably do maintence on the drivetrain and then I will comfortable to go beat on it some. After that, who knows? I have a problem with keeping anything stock and have been thinking of a 3.3 swap for alittle more power but that will have to wait for awhile.

Anyway, seems to be alot of smart people on here with good info and I'm sure I will have plenty of questions once i tear into this thing.

Welcome Nathan and thanks for chiming in.

It sounds like you know what you are doing, but we'll help when we can. I'm willing to bet you go farther than you plan with the upgrades once you do some wheeling in it... ;)

I work as a machinist/welder/fabricator.

Cool, precisely what we need. More machinists!!

(15+ years here)

B

CNC & manual mills, lathes and grinders but grinding is my weak point. I'm currently doing diamond turning; cutting optics with diamond tool bits. It's technical millionths of an inch type stuff.

Maybe I'll get a real career when I grow up... :D

B