Warn hubs fitting '02 SE OEM Wheels?

05G35

I think yall are debating the value of the mouse under the elephant's foot when you talk about $ saved on gas with manual hubs. The manual hubs (when unlocked) eliminate 90% of the CV joint wear, whether you are lifted or not. And when you are lifted, you wear out CV joints a lot faster. Even if it only doubles your CV joint life, you'll get your payback twice over, the first time you change CV joints.

if you cruise at 75-80mph with 4.6s, you will see a difference in mpg. i just drove 90mi; the first half was with the hubs locked, and the engine had a hard time maintaining 75-80mph, especially on the hills (lots of downshifting). unlocked, the speed was maintained effortlessly, with minimal downshifting.

No one has mentioned the benifits of manual hubs and benifits of auto hubs here is my take. The autohubs are great you dont have to jump out in mud to lock them just shift and go. The manuals have a few advantages, say your in 4x4 in park city Utah on steep icy road and park your truck and leave it there few days. Well without torque being applied front axle autohub, in theory you may only have the back axle working correct i maybe wrong on this and allow your truck to slip down the hill this happened on my sis 2wd isuzu rodeo. Lets say your stuck in mud and need to rock back and forth the manual hubs are always locked in either fwd and rev big plus. Being able to disconnect the front axle at will is another benifit with broken cv shafts. I tried the automatic hubs for two weeks when i got my truck and couldnt figure them out, im used to jeeps comand trac you just pop it in. OOO another advantage of manuals say your going down a super steep incline 4low first gear letting engine slow you down not sure if autohubs would stay in locked position so i give manuals another thumbs up. One reason to have autohubs and four reasons to have manuals, maybe five because some have reported better mileage but I cant figure out why this would happen.

You guys missed out autozone had milemarkers for $85 there for awhile now back up to $99 Milemarker part 435 28spline. Just be sure to use blue locktight trust me i know, the bolts seem to want to back out. Im pretty sure your suv are same as my frontier setup and require wheel bearings to be repacked. My truck seems to have taken some binding out front end and glides down road easier.

Edited by alpinefrontier

maybe five because some have reported better mileage but I cant figure out why this would happen.

When your hubs are locked and the TC is out of gear, your wheels drive the front half-shafts and some of the front TC around. The inertia and some friction cause you to get worse mileage. But I have noticed maybe 1mpg better, so not a big deal. Most years of the R50 (including my 2001) have drive flanges (not auto hubs). Drive flanges are just like manual hubs locked in, so everything you say about manual hubs applies to them as well. The only disadvantage is you can't disconnect them for reduced wear and increased mileage. Some of the previous gen Pathfinders had auto hubs I think without a manual override feature.

I had Warn automatic hubs in my Scout. They were fantastic. They had auto and locked settings, but not unlocked. So I had the advantage of auto hubs set and forget, with the added benefit of full locking hubs for engine braking. The only disadvantage to them was they were a little less strong than manual hubs because of the space needed for the auto feature.

You are correct that auto hubs don't stay engaged in engine braking or reverse (unless they have a manual position you can set). So if your sister had a 4wh drive truck with auto hubs and parked facing down the hill, then the front wheels weren't helping hold it. But if she parked facing uphill with the TC engaged, then the torque on the hubs should have been enough to keep them engaged and holding the truck.

You guys missed out autozone had milemarkers for $85 there for awhile now back up to $99 Milemarker part 435 28spline

I have no experience with Milemarkers, but I have seen enough pictures of them shelling their case that I'll happily pay the extra $50 for Warns. Warns fail sometimes, but I have never seen them split their case in 2. You can rebuild the Warns when they fail, and you can even get frangible splines that help limit the damage.