Missing at Idle

jpawela

Hi all. I really didn't want to create a new thread on this, but I searched and nothing came up. Just oscillating idling problems came back. Anyway, for a while now, my Pathy seems as though it's missing while it's idling. It's more noticeable when in D. It's not rhythmic and it does it only at idle. When you rev it and hold it, it's smooth. I don't notice any missing while driving either.

Original owner claims to have done a tune up and I just did a t-belt. It's a 95 SE with 109Kmiles

Oh, and the MAF sensor looks like it's original.

Any ideas?

Edited by jpawela

wires? loose connection to the maf or other sensors? worn out plugs or rotor/cap; bad injectors, etc. CEL on?

No CEL. Checked codes...nothing. Plugs are new, but the wires look original and I replaced the rotor/cap just last week.

it could just be crossed wires. .lift the hood up after dark while the engine is running. if it's a light show... :)

t-belt eh? are you sure you're in time? may want to tweak it by hand just a tad. also watch the backfire thread. could be similar.

May not be your problem, But my 99 R50 had a slight miss at idle. Eventually found the mechanic at the dealer where it got its last warranty service changed the plugs and cross threaded No6. Looking at the marking on it when I pulled it out I doubt the end of the plug was even in the combustion chamber.

Retapped the thread (fun job) and replaced the plug and the miss was gone.

Geoff

Edited by Geoff57