2000 P'Finder

joseph

Manual locking hubs????

It's an auto with shift on the fly. Where / how does the manual locking hubs come in???

Well, the R50 comes stock with locked driving flanges so even in 2WD the front drivetrain is still in motion. With manual hubs installed, you have the capability to unlock the front drivetrain and allow the front wheels to freewheel while in 2WD. This is said to help increase gas mileage. :aok:

Well, the R50 comes stock with locked driving flanges so even in 2WD the front drivetrain is still in motion. With manual hubs installed, you have the capability to unlock the front drivetrain and allow the front wheels to freewheel while in 2WD. This is said to help increase gas mileage. :aok:

Ok , that makes sense.

Is there a "kit" available somwhere??

What about going to a narrower tire??

Thanks

Ok , that makes sense.

Is there a "kit" available somwhere??

What about going to a narrower tire??

Thanks

Yup, Warn makes a set for the R50, well-priced and very good quality. :aok:

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/product_in...products_id=720 :clickdalink:

As for tires, you could narrower. But in all honesty, just stick with OEM measurements and you'll be fine. :happy:

This will also save you some wear on your CV axles. Some R50s 99.5+ have trouble with the locking hubs working correctly but I can't remember quite what it was a t the moment... anyone? I think MichiganAve had trouble or something...

i've never had problems with my manual hubs on my '00 Pathfinder.

as for the hubs, get them from amazon. 4x4parts.com rips you off on price and on shipping. on amazon.com they're currently $154. your part number is Warn 29091. you can cross-reference it to any online retailer. i paid $125 for mine.

i've never had problems with my manual hubs on my '00 Pathfinder.

as for the hubs, get them from amazon. 4x4parts.com rips you off on price and on shipping. on amazon.com they're currently $154. your part number is Warn 29091. you can cross-reference it to any online retailer. i paid $125 for mine.

But do you have All-mode or just the manual transfer case?

And 4x4parts.com didn't rip me off. I paid just shy of $200 altogether, and they arrived in 2 days. That includes the exchange and duty. Booya! :aok:

And 4x4parts.com didn't rip me off. I paid just shy of $200 altogether, and they arrived in 2 days. That includes the exchange and duty. Booya! :aok:

That's actually not too shabby. USD or CAD?

That's actually not too shabby. USD or CAD?

It came to $170USD altogether. Mike's a nice guy like that! :aok:

So with the exchange, I think it was $198CAD... Considering NAPA's staff price was $280CAD, taxes included, AC's offer was to good to pass up.

But do you have All-mode or just the manual transfer case?

oh, so you don't think paying $50 more than me (which is 40% more) is getting ripped off? :scratchhead:

oh, so you don't think paying $50 more than me (which is 40% more) is getting ripped off? :scratchhead:

He's also shipping to Canada, paying canadian $$, and our taxes and duties. For us, that is a good deal.

How much work / what kind of mechanical know how is needed to do this mod??

Thanks again

OK ,found the info. on another post. Can anyone comment on using the hex head nuts though???

Another typo... I meant the hex head bolt with washers instead of studs.

Edited by joseph

How much work / what kind of mechanical know how is needed to do this mod??

Thanks again

OK ,found the info. on another post. Can anyone comment on using the hex head nuts though???

i left the OEM studs and used the supplied nuts. i think you're referring to Dean replacing his with stainless studs, and others replacing the OEM studs with the longer supplied studs. i had plenty of thread on the OEM studs, even with lock washers and nuts, so i didn't see the point.