New here with a few questions

GEOz2k7

Hey guys i just got my pathfinder christmas day. It was my friends old one and it was pretty beat up but the motor is solid. I have put all new shocks, tires, tune up parts, sound system, idler arm, sway bar end links, and soon to be center link. seems like i have done a lot more but thats the gyst of that. It is a 1990 v6 2wd. Now my questions are i was wondering if anyone has converted to 4x4 and i was wondering if there was a link to that persons full swap over including what is all needed. I searched nothin came up. The reason i have wanted to do this conversion is because i wanna rock crawl, and or just have a crap load of travel to clear whatever i want and just cruise. I am not a fan of straight mobbin and beating on my motor. I enjoy the entire cruising off road aspect. I Have just recently gotten into off roading, and sorry for all the newb questions and i am sure ill get flammed, but this forum is a lot different from others i used for other cars and all. Thanks for your help. And i will do the Pathfinder well.

Grant

Hey guys i just got my pathfinder christmas day. It was my friends old one and it was pretty beat up but the motor is solid. I have put all new shocks, tires, tune up parts, sound system, idler arm, sway bar end links, and soon to be center link. seems like i have done a lot more but thats the gyst of that. It is a 1990 v6 2wd. Now my questions are i was wondering if anyone has converted to 4x4 and i was wondering if there was a link to that persons full swap over including what is all needed. I searched nothin came up. The reason i have wanted to do this conversion is because i wanna rock crawl, and or just have a crap load of travel to clear whatever i want and just cruise. I am not a fan of straight mobbin and beating on my motor. I enjoy the entire cruising off road aspect. I Have just recently gotten into off roading, and sorry for all the newb questions and i am sure ill get flammed, but this forum is a lot different from others i used for other cars and all. Thanks for your help. And i will do the Pathfinder well.

Grant

sell it and by a 4x4, if it was a 2 door 2wd i would by it from you....

^ Honestly, he is probably right. A few people have swapped in 4 wheel drive in a 2wd, but it is a lot of time, work and it's best to have a donor vehicle... Since you have done some work to your current one, perhaps you can get a fair price for it.

Do an advanced search for a thread by Steevo, he did converstion I believe.

B

sorry for all the newb questions and i am sure ill get flammed

Nah you have to get at least 20 posts or so under your belt before that kicks in. Where are you located? I may have a 4wd rolling chassis in the near future that you could use as a donor and probably let it go pretty cheap

Nah you have to get at least 20 posts or so under your belt before that kicks in. Where are you located? I may have a 4wd rolling chassis in the near future that you could use as a donor and probably let it go pretty cheap

Lompoc CA. i am down for that. transmission and all? hmm.

tranny and engine will more than likely be gone although I could probably throw in a transfer case...PM me here in a few weeks and see where i'm at as far as my living arrangements and stripping my 95...i'll pretty much strip and sale what i can off of my 95 (with the exceptions of what I need none of which will be the drive train except for maybe the rear end but I have an LSD rear and front matching axle that I could throw in so you would have all the primary components with the exception of a tranny (think its the same as the 4wd but check around here) and the TC (which i'll probably let go) you would have driveshafts and all of the front suspension and cross members (i think the only additional one is for the front axle) you may need CVs but I think I shoudl have a set of those available too...I guess let me know what that would be worth to ya and we could work on a price b/c i'd like to get some $ out of it and would like to see it go to someone to use rather than a scrap yard like the last pathfinder I stripped but it did get me $400 in scrap steel

You're not too far away and it looks like it'd be about a 450 mile round trip from the center of Lompoc to where I'm at so that seems like a reasonable distance to trailer a chassis

sorry I was rude earlier :welcome: sometimes i need a good :stickwack: