Oxygen sensor

LAD572001

Help,

I need to replace the oxygen sensor in my 01 Pathfinder and anyone tell me where is located. This is an $80 part online but the dealer wants to charge me $300 for parts and labor.

I understand that it can be located in two different places.

the oxygen sensor I just replaced was located before the cat. and after the 'Y' crossover pipe on the exhaust. That's the only on I'm particularly familiar with. My truck is a 1995 and i got a check engine code '33' when the sensor went down.

the oxygen sensor I just replaced was located before the cat. and after the 'Y' crossover pipe on the exhaust. That's the only on I'm particularly familiar with. My truck is a 1995 and i got a check engine code '33' when the sensor went down.

Did you change out the O2 sensor by yourself? If so, how hard was it to get the old one out? I haven't tried mine yet, but I've heard they can be really hard to break loose.

i couldn't even budge mine with a bar and everything. I ended up having to take it to a shop. My exhaust pipes are in really bad shape, so it was really in there. I'm at the point where i need to replace all the pipes before winter hits, or I risk the chance of them breaking off

Yeah, I hear ya. Just got in there last night, and couldn't budge the thing, and I had a BIG breaker bar.

Approximately how much did it cost you to bite the bullet and get it installed? I'm going to have to do the same, and get my emissions test right after, so I'm just curious how much $$$ I'm in for.

Thanks for the info :aok:

the sensor cost me 80 bucks and about another 60-70 to put it in. Most shops will just charge you a full hour of labor to install the part. The threads on my old one were pretty mangled so I imagine the mechanic had a fun time getting it out. I just payed him with a box of beer and everyting was said and done.