O2 Sensor

LAD572001

Help,

I need to replace the oxygen sensor in my 01 Pathfinder and anyone tell me where is located. This is an $80 part online but the dealer wants to charge me $300 for parts and labor.

I understand that it can be located in two different places.

Actually you have four different locations. Bank 1 Sensor 1 and 2, Bank 2 Sensor 1 and 2. How do you know the sensor is bad? The reason I ask is because on my 2001 Pathfinder the check engine light came on and it said it was the o2 sensor. My friend and I cleared the code and it has not come back. We figured it had something to do with low fuel and a different grade of gas because everything else looked good on his computer and everything is back to normal. My 01 only has 38,ooo mile. Just wondering. :confused:

The diagnostic test returned the following codes:

P0420 - CAT EFFICIENCY LOW BANK 1

P0430 - CAT EFFICIENCY LOW BANK 2

P1110 - MFR CTRLLED FUEL AND AIR METERING

I was told that these codes indicate that the O2 sensor maybe bad.

Ok, is this something I can check or replace myself? Remember I am a newbe and I am not firmialer with the term left bank or right bank. But I trying to save some money here so I am willing to learn.

Any help would be great.

:help:

You might consider a subscription to www.alldata.com, it will give you the diagnostic charts for each trouble code, access to all TSBs, all Nissan service steps etc. Well worth the $24.95 ($14.95 after first year).

This was a new part as of 2001 so you might have trouble finding anyone with experience fixing this.

Lad5, did your Service Engine Soon light come back on, or have you checked the codes again? Just wondering what happened? I noticed you had something about the P1110 MFR CRRLLED FUEL AND AIR METERING, and I was just wondering if that could have had anything to do we a vacuum leak in your fuel system or maybe your fuel cap wasn't on tight. Because that might have effected the O2 sensors as well. :allclean:

I replaced my fuel filter over the weekend, since then the " check engine light" disappeared. The fuel filter works for me. After I 've checked all the EVAP line, my instinct told me to change the filter and I did.