Hello from Sidney B.C. Canada

argo

Just started driving my new JDM 1991 RM3 Terrano. This site is a really fantastic resource.

I'm keen on doing a valve adjustment and would like to know if anyone out there knows of, or alternately where I might source tune up info, specifically the valve clearances for a 91 TD27 turbo diesel.

cheers and best regards to all

Mike O'Connor

Welcome Bud!!! Enjoy the fact that you were pounced upon by 2 females immediately... :D

I'm keen on doing a valve adjustment and would like to know if anyone out there knows of, or alternately where I might source tune up info, specifically the valve clearances for a 91 TD27 turbo diesel.

We have a TD27 section in the "Garage" area that may have the information you are after. Unfortunately, the US never got the TD27 as an option, so we don't really know too much about them. Hopefully some of our Russian, South American, Aussie or New Zealand friends will chime in.

Where are you from?

B

How very nice it is to be made to feel welcome.

Cheers

Up here in Canada we never had the diesels either but we can import the wrong had drive versions from Japan so long as they are 15 years old or more .I'm almost certain what I seek is to be had online, but being somewhat hamfisted at web surfing and forum searches, I thought I'd ask around. I'm planning to [after the holidays and subsequent visa bills] order an FSM from Pitstop books in Aus. till then I am hankering to tweak the valve lash asap.

Mike,

Sidney B.C.

I didn't find my ride in B.C, I imported it from Japan through my broker there.

Yes it is right hand drive, but it's a diesel, rust free and as you would expect with 56,000km on the clock. Not able to source anything locally that compared. The total cost to me, inspected, liscenced and on the road with new rubber was a little over $5,000.

I've always liked Nissan products, I bought the Terrano to replace the 4.2 diesel GQ patrol I imported just over a year ago.

The total cost to me, inspected, liscenced and on the road with new rubber was a little over $5,000.

CRAP!!! I would like one too!!!

Seriously though, was this some kind of deal or is this a normal import rate?

I've always liked Nissan products, I bought the Terrano to replace the 4.2 diesel GQ patrol I imported just over a year ago.

What was it about the Patrol that made you switch to the Pathfinder? I'd guess 1/3 of the members here would go the other way...

B

Hi there!

Welcome to the Boards.

This place will be a Goldmine for you with tons of information. As for the import thing, I myself had just looked into this myself about a month ago. I was very tempted to purchase one as well but I just cant seem to get around the Right Hand Drive. It would just scare the crap out of me too much on the highways and I have no idea how I would be able to pass anyone.

I may yet still import something from Japan though. My Wife wants me to get a Mini Van for when the next baby is born and I almost puked. I told if we need a family van it will be a Mitsubishi Delica straight from Japan. Although if it were mine it would look something like the 3rd one. :sly:

post-1658-1228710076_thumb.jpg

post-1658-1228710148_thumb.jpg

post-1658-1228710211_thumb.jpg

WOW Leafs fans AND Gwar fans this site really is the mutt's nutts.

It has Not been an easy one but I've chosen the Terrano over the Patrol mainly because I can't justify the massive off road /urban assault vehicle. The 4.2 is a superlative truck engine and the undercarriage is very beefy. Thats it in the pic next to it's little cousin

I just don't get off the pavement as often as I'd like, and the Terrano has a bit quieter ride and more practical as an urban family wagon.

The right hand drive is really a non issue as I drive like an old man in a volvo with the left turn signal on all the time, and never need to overtake anyone

Before I imported the GQ, I had a couple L300 delicas but found them to be awkward to wrench on as everything is shoehorned in under the seats. Otherwise an awesome vehicle.

I've had excellent service from my broker Mark Bremner who owns Brave Auto International. He's very professional and particular about the vehicles he sources. Well worth checking out his web site if your considering an import.

cheers,

Mike

I would definitely consider importing a diesel if it weren't for the right hand drive. I do way too much city driving, and a left turn in a right hand drive vehicle is about the most dangerous legal thing you can do on the roads (and I admitedly don't drive like an old lady :))

I hear you,

I switched to RHD because of all the close calls I had turning right in a left hand drive.... :huh:

Seriously though, that comment is quite typical of someone who has never operated a RHD, or motorcyle ,or bicycle.

I credit those types of remarks to the effectiveness of ICBC propaganda

It really makes no difference what side the wheel is on, it's whose behind it that determines whether or not it's safe

RHD, LHD... there is little difference if you have had the opportunity to try both. You'd be surprised how much stuff Nissan kept to other markets, namely the diesel option in the Terrano.

I've been dying to get my hands on a first-gen Terrano. Did you end up getting a good deal on it?