Key fob signal really weak

ticker

Don't know if this is a common problem or not, but it's super annoying. To activate the alarm/doorlocks with the key fob, I have to practically stand next to the truck. With my old WD 21 I could be in the house with the doors shut and it would still work. I changed the battery in the fob, but nothing changed. Anybody have this problem, or know how to fix. I know this is a minor problem but it bothers me every day, especially when I find the doors unlocked because I was in a rush to get into the house.

Test the new battery to be sure it wasn't on the shelf for 3 years and is dead.

Also, are you sure you have the correct battery? cr2025 3V

Failing that, new remotes are cheap on ebay for most models.

EDIT - I forget that the pre 02s have a different remote, so that battery number may not be right for you.

Edited by BowTied

I'm having the same problem, most of the time now it won't even work if i'm standing directly next to the truck! i've changed batteries twice.

I do know that sometimes the truck can 'forget' the signal code coming from the remotes. I can't seem to get the re-programing procedure for R-50s to work on my 2001. Maybe it has changed, maybe i need to give it another couple tries.

Battery is fine, I actually tried more than one. Mine always works its just a matter of proximity. I would imagine if it "forgot" the signal it wouldn't work at all. I'd be interested in wether other R50 owners have a similar problem. Can a Fob wear out?