Getting her going, keeping her going

89pathy3L

Basically said it all in the description but I have an 88 pathy 3.0 and i love this thing! When it gets below 40ish it sometimes wont turn over no matter how long or how many times I turn the key. doesn't do the repetitive dead battery click either... ever. Autozone checked the battery and said the batt and alternator were fine. Sometimes it turns really slowly, others it starts in seemingly one rotation. in the cold after it starts i have to hold the throttle above 1000rpm or it sputters and dies.

The other issue is when warm or cold the idle is good and solid, never dies, just seems to miss randomly. Are these issues related? What's up? Anyone know?

post-7046-1228193422_thumb.jpg

the early model pathfinders were a glorified carburator.(injectors instead of fuel tubes and venturi) using carb start will help.

or try what I ususally do; turn the key to "run" but don't start it and leave it there for a few seconds you should hear the injectors spray.(mine only does it when its cold) if you tap the throttle a little to agitate the air/fuel(just added) in the manifold and then turn turn it to start it should turn over.

On cold days (30 and under) I do this 2 or 3 times before trying to start the motor After doing that it always starts right up.

the early model pathfinders were a glorified carburator.(injectors instead of fuel tubes and venturi) using carb start will help.

or try what I ususally do; turn the key to "run" but don't start it and leave it there for a few seconds you should hear the injectors spray.(mine only does it when its cold) if you tap the throttle a little to agitate the air/fuel(just added) in the manifold and then turn turn it to start it should turn over.

On cold days (30 and under) I do this 2 or 3 times before trying to start the motor After doing that it always starts right up.

Awesome. I'll try it.

What about the rough starting?

Hey got a new starter and fixed basically everything... The starter was full of oil and burned to a crisp to top it off. the guy I took it to to have it checked said he'd never seen so much oil in a starter(no doubt thanks to the bonehead placement of the dang thing!) Thanks for your advice. NPORA Rocks