American Racing AR320 Trench

etown

Hi Everyone,

First time poster here. I have a bone stock 04 pathfinder chinook (similar to the xe I believe)

Anyway its off its factory warranty now so I'm planning on doing some mods. First up it needs new tires, and I thought why not new wheels at the same time.

American Racing says their Trench series fits on my pathfinder, but what size/offset do you recommend?

# 16" x 8" AMERICAN TRENCH GLOSSY BLK 6x139.7 offset=0mm

# 16" x 8" AMERICAN TRENCH GLOSSY BLK 6x139.7 offset=12mm

# 17" x 8" AMERICAN TRENCH GLOSSY BLK 6x139.7 offset=12mm

# 17" x 8" AMERICAN TRENCH GLOSSY BLK 6x139.7 offset=25mm

I'm currently running factory 245/70r/16 Duelers on the factory (16x7.5?) inch rim and want to move to a wider tire with a more aggressive tread.

Questions about max tire size come up all the time, so I'm aware that 31x10.5 could be my max but I'm curious about the set up that any of you would recommend.

I don't do any serious off road stuff, the 4x4 is mainly used to get through the snow in the winter and some light trails in the summer.

Thanks in advance everyone.

I would choose 16" over 17", as the price to wrap 17's in rubber will increase significantly.

I'm not an offset expert by any means, so I cant help you there.

I agree with Pezzy, biggest you'd want to go on a R50 would be 16" unless you want to spend quite a bit more to wrap 17" wheels.

That being said, if you plan on only snow-wheelin' an A/T tire would be more than enough to get the job done. An all out winter tire would be a good option, too.

Whatever you decide, post some pics! :aok:

My truck has 15x8 wheels with -12 deg offset and the tires stick out about 2.5" past the body (no flares on mine) if that helps you chose an offset.

...so is that -12mm? My wheels are 5"backspacing... Not sure how much past the body as there are fender flares. :blink: