Lowermain Land BC Truck Status?

Smithk

Hello,

Well I am just wondering how everyone's rigs are holding up, etc? Since well mine has seem to have endless little nickle dime problems, most of them I have fixed over the past two months, but today found out that my driver side inner CV boot is torn ($60 replacement) and my rear pinion seal is shot ($20 replacement). Other then that, I am still in the midst of gathering money for my SAS but the decline of the dollar has not helped. Maybe by next year, we can all hit some trails again :itsallgood:

mm not much change. Had some basic maintenance done in the summer (CV boots). My exhaust is going so I get to hear new and interesting sounds all the time. I have a lingering problem with one of the sensors (MAF perhaps) so it occasionally runs like @!*% when it's cold. I have no rear bumper because I broke it up Eagle a month ago or so. I bought skids from trainman but haven't gotten around to installing them yet. I also have no back seats because I took out the hingest to drill out the centers and replace with bolts and wing nuts but I don't have the proper tools to drill them out (I have no workshop or vice grip) so those have been out for 5 or 6 months now. I also have half an audio system sitting in my basement.

Major holdback? Money. I'm a broke student.

I'll work through a few of the nagging problems this winter. Going to swap the airbox for a cone filter and I'll have to do my exhaust. My summers are on their last legs and I'm tired changing tires between my only set of rims so next year will see new rims and tires. I was also intending on putting in some leveling spacers and seeing if between those and trimming I could tuck 32s. Can't justify the cost of a lift until my current suspension wears out which should be the next year or two. Skids will obviously go on for the spring, and if I get some money I'd like to have minimalistic tube bumpers (at least a rear one) fabbed but thats low on the priority list. So basically a bunch of minor mods.

Edited by Zibi

Mine's a hurtin unit...savin pennies for a pretty hefty repair bill. Gotta do lower ball joints, bearings and centerlink. Figure about 800 bux to get it all done. Until then i get to roam and wander all over the roads. Hitting the brakes is interesting..i know it gonna pull when i step on the pedal..i just never know which way im gonna go! :)

I'm also thinkin i might need new springs in the rear..trucks leaning to the right back there... Just gotta get thru the xmas crap and i can start gettin this @!*%e done. With any luck i'll get enuff repairs done to do some snow wheelin :)

...Gotta do lower ball joints, bearings and centerlink. Figure about 800 bux to get it all done. ...

Well if you have the time and patience I suggest doing the Hoohaa Centrelink swap out, did that on my truck and well she has been good to me ever since then, after I destroyed two centrelinks.

• 4 months later...

Wow!! Took a long time but i finally got Marvin in the shop for some much need repair.

Gettin all 4 ball joints done on this bill.

I scored a grease gun..GRATIS! How many grease nipples are under the front end?

also gotta put in a claim for a new windsheild.

I've picked up a pair of stock springs. Just need some shocks and the means/knowledge to swap it all out.

i would like to get shocks for the front as well and do all 4 corners at the same time.

Will i need to replace the torsion bars too?

I find it incredible how fast all this kinda stuff can pile up on ya.. a'ell..trucks gettin fixed and very soon i'll be back on the trails!

mine is toast ind i dont have the time to work on her anymore so she is either gettin sold or parted or donated to the fire dept her only major problem is the auto tranny went boom other than that she has been sitting since last summer...... so if anyone wants her or parts of her

truk is gone a few parts left over

Edited by thatguy03

• 2 months later...

Time for another update.. finally scratched enough pennies together to pick up some much needed suspension! Stock JY springs off a 95 and Rancho 5000's on all four corners. I bet the truck didnt ride this good off the car lot! Hot dayum!!

Headin up to Sylvester this morning with DVO..gonna take the day and test/break in the new bits :)

YEAH BABY YEAH!!!

I just replaced the torsion bars and crossmember in my rig. That stuff will be coming out in the fall and my D60 is going in. A 14B is giong in the back, along with a bunch of other stuff.

I would LOVE to meet up with other southern BC Pathfinder enthusiasts! SmithK, Maybe we can swap some ideas and info in regards to SAS? Zibi and others, I'm sure there's lots of info we could trade too!

I'm in Hope, but I go down to the lower mainland once in a while if anyone wants to meet up for a beer and a chat. Also there's some sweet trails and camping areas up around my place if anyone's interested in getting out this way.

Edited by Balmer

Man I've got no money to wheel, can't afford to break anything right now :( Hopefully in a month or so I'll be able to get some new shoes on her and get out there. kills me to say that though, would love to go wheeling right now (even though you'll be way out of my league when you've done your SAS)

SmithK bought a Jeep, so I'm not really sure if he checks these forums anymore...I've got him on facebook though so I could give him a shout

Hey, I am still here just my net has been down for two months. So every chance I get I check out all my "daily" sites which does include NPORA. Yes, Zibi is right I did purchase a '09 Rubicon but I did not sell my Pathfinder which is now my wheeling rig. I just need a weeks notice if anyone wants to go wheeling, so I can get my Pathy ready (insurance, check her over, since she is being stored at my work yard). Usually Porterhouse and I phone each other and hit the trails, since most NPORA BC folks rigs are in rough shape. If you need me I will leave my cell number on here since dunno when the net is going back up. 604-613-1170

I'm interested but I know who you wheel with so I don't know if I'd go :)

Oh, come now, just 'cause I'm willing to bend sheet metal doesn't metal doesn't mean you have to! There's an "easy" way through almost all of the trails up my way if you're worried about damage. Harrison or Davis would be cool too... we'll pick something reasonable : ). Are any of you guys on funinbc.com? We've got a newbie run coming up at Davis that promises to be a blast! It's on Aug 23, check out the site if you're interested. It's a great way to meet locals!

hehe..im on FIBC too..same handle. i went to last years Newbie Run..it was just too much big for me tho. I prefer the smaller gtg's. Especially with the NPORA guys..that way i dont hafta take any crap about driving a Pathy. Seems you need to be thick skinned to deal with the fibc folx. :)

i used live out at Lake of the Woods. would you happen to know if American Creek Rd. is still accessable from the old hwy?

hehe..im on FIBC too..same handle. i went to last years Newbie Run..it was just too much big for me tho. I prefer the smaller gtg's. Especially with the NPORA guys..that way i dont hafta take any crap about driving a Pathy. Seems you need to be thick skinned to deal with the fibc folx. :)

i used live out at Lake of the Woods. would you happen to know if American Creek Rd. is still accessable from the old hwy?

Yep...American creek/Garnet is one of my mainstay trails! there's lots of good mild stuff and there's some wicked washout challenges towards Garnett. The access is still open. Nickelmine is even better and just up the highway. Lets get together and hit 'em up! The FIBC crowd are pretty ruthless alright, but once you get in there, you're in! They're a decent group for the most part, but a thick skin is MANDITORY with those folks! NEVER take greif for driving a pathfinder... our's are some of the most capable IFS rigs out there. I go wheeling with lots of "non-cliquey" FIBC'ers, it's all good. Check out Reeseman's stock bronco... he very rarely gets any flak about having a stocker, it's all in the atitude, just give back what you get!

yeah FIBC good community, I'm on with the same name

My big issue right now like I said above is I just can't afford to break anything, I have to DD my rig and if anything goes I'm #$!&ered.

So like I said, we'll see how things turn around in the next month or two, if things go as planned I'll have bigger meats, skids on and a few hankering problems fixed. I'd love to have some spacers in for a bit of extra lift too but we'll see. If thats all the case I'm down for sure, I just don't want to wheel it with how she sits right now.

I have never been up to but I hear Sumas Mountain may have some potential. Sorry lack of communication, in the midst of a move and still no net so I get online around one or two weeks. Just keep me in the loop, I would prefer to take the Pathy but if I must I will take my DD.

Tell you what guys...

We could do a Hope run in Setember or October if any of you are up for it. There's some pretty sweet trails up my way (I can post some pics if there's interest) that include wicked views, sweet wilderness campspots (that are usually unoccupied in the fall), varied challenges, obstacles and "hard routes" that are optional if your worried about damage as well as plenty of wildlfe. Also if anyone wants a place to crash for the night, I've got a couple of spare rooms, a fire pit in the yard and my yard ends at the Coquihalla river, so it makes for a good "base". The trails are within 20 minutes of my place for the most part. I did a similar deal with a bunch of the guys/girls from FIBC and it turned out great - everyone had a blast and if we put this one together we might have some tagalongs too if you guys are up for it. The last time we went up Garnet creek to Harrison, but this time I'd like to hit some of the more challenging stuff on Garnet, American and Nickelmine. Stokers are still fine for these trails - I took mie up them all the time with 31's and no lift at all, you just have to take the easier routes at times.

Any interest?

Yeah sounds great. By then I'll have new tires/rims, front spacer, and skids so everything should be groovy. I'm also not opposed at all to rigs other than pathfinders being there, I'm not a snob, it's about wheeling so if you've got buddies with other stuff I'm happy to wheel with them.

And the distance shouldn't matter, its not a very far drive from Coquitlam but the offer of beds is awesome :beer: