Camcorders

zonianbrat

Hi just wondering if anybody here can teach me about camcorders. Since I now have 2 kids my wife and I were talking and we want to get a camcorder. Now the thing is we dont need to spend many hundreds of dollars on one cause it is just to make short videos of the kids as they grow up. I like the idea of these handheld cheapo deals with the 1gb SD cards that can shoot 60 minutes of video. Reason being is I wont be shooting that much at a time and I can just upload it to my cpu and burn them to DVD's later on. So please, somebody school me on these things and what you think. I saw this one on Ebay for dirt cheap what do you think:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-12MP-Digital-Video...1QQcmdZViewItem

A while back I was looking for camcorders...I found that there are tons of options and depending on how much you want to use it and what you would use it for and budget are a big driver. You're more than likely going to get what you pay for...The thing with the one you posted is there is no optical zoom from what i read and it is only digital and from my experiences can cause clarity problems if you try to zoom in on something.

I looked and looked for a long time when I was die hard into getting a camcorder (then i just always borrowed my roommates) but for me it came down to the cannon and sony. At the time I looked at a lot of MiniDV's b/c they were much cheaper than the direct to disk or internal hard drives. I would say shop around and save a little extra $ up and get something that will last and give you the capabilities that you would like...Thanksgiving is coming up so there should be some decent sales online at bestbuy.com or even at the store (if you want to fight those crowds) but I'm curious if Circuit City isnt going to have some hellof deals being their financial situation just don't buy their replacement plan or if bestbuy will do a price match get it there.

One thing you may consider is a decent point and shoot that has video capabilities...I just got the Nikon P80 and it will do a video as long as there is space on the disk (i think for 2G's it was something like an hour or so worth of video footage. For me thats more than anything I will ever need in one sitting and I like the thought of I can take stills and video

hope to find a good deal on an Xbox 360!!

They may be hard to find...Microsoft just did a BAN wave and banned a bunch of modified 360's used for pirating and backing up games. It will also catch the people that replaced their DVD drive post warranty and didnt want to pay MS to repair it...

So far mine hasn't been banned but I'm waiting any day now...bastages...