Tire question

csutke

So I have decided on new tires for my ride but Im having troubles deciding on the size. Im going to get Yokohama Geolander AT/S. My size choices are LT245/75/16, P255/70/16 & P265/70/16. Has any one put these sizes on thier 99.5 and up R50. My only concern with these sizes is that the 245/75 is a load class of E and is a 10 ply tire. How will this ride, whill this tire effect my MPG, is this overkill? Will the 265/70 be too big?

TIA

So I have decided on new tires for my ride but Im having troubles deciding on the size. Im going to get Yokohama Geolander AT/S. My size choices are LT245/75/16, P255/70/16 & P265/70/16. Has any one put these sizes on thier 99.5 and up R50. My only concern with these sizes is that the 245/75 is a load class of E and is a 10 ply tire. How will this ride, whill this tire effect my MPG, is this overkill? Will the 265/70 be too big?

TIA

I know you want info on 99.5+, but on my 97 the 265/65R17 rubbed on the side of the strut and on the plastic shield at full lock...the wheel spacer gave me only rubbing on the shield now...

Why Yokos again? I am considering the Nitto Terra Grappler just to try something new since it has good reviews (it was either that, the Grabber AT2, or bust the bank)

They seam to be the best bang for the buck. If you compare the Bridgestone Revos and the AT/S the treads are very similar, they have a 50k warranty and the ones im looking at are around 500-600 for the set.