help !

dnodog

:help: I tried adding a 10" electricl fan to my pathy, Mounted it on the radiator to the left of stock fan... but when I hit the hills with the ac on.. pathy still runs hot.If the Ac is off... no prob same thing in heavy traffic. Suggestions have been:

Spring for new radiator,

Find 15/16 " electrical and discard stock fan

Turn off ac on the hills or in traffic :crazy:

Mainly japanese cars and trucks here, maybe you guys know what models I could easily transplant an electrical fan from.

thanks

Best way I have found to check the fan clutch is. Get the engine up to about normal running temp. Kill the engine and go see how hard it is to turn the fan by hand... If it acts like it want to spin easily it's probably in need of a replacement.

If all else fails check the old one while the engine is cold and while hot. Then install the new one and see what the resistance differance is between to two. If it's not that bad and you bought it from a reputable parts place you can simply return it.

If anyone knows an exact way to check it, it would probably work alot better. In my case I had an A/C problem where my A/C wasn't getting very cold at all while sitting still, or while idling for extended periods of time. When I went to get it checked out the first thing the guy went for was the fan. He said that if the fan doesn't/can't pull air thru the radiator the A/C won't get cold, but at highway speeds the air is forced thru so there's not a problem.

That didn't end up being my problem.(Even tho the guy wanted to sell me a $45 clutch. I ended up buying a $5 can of Sub-Zero that's a coolant,lube,UV leak detector, and it came with it's own attachment for the Low side of the A/C. Stuck that can on, let the chit inside go into my A/C while the engine was running and got about 10 to 15 degrees colder out of the vents in about 20mins. Now I don't ever have a problem with the A/C exept for it getting too cold, but that's an easy slide to the right on the temp control.

Sorry,I got off the subject a little and was rambling. That weekend wake-n-bake can be a biatch... :lol: