New Owner

murbike

Hey, alll.

I just purchased (2 hours ago) a 2001 Pathfinder, and need some advice. Did I buy a vehicle that can truly go offroad, or did I buy a jacked up station wagon?

I bought it for the Nissan reputation (traded in an Infiniti G20), and the safety/snow ability.

I've taken my G20 to the Tobacco fields around the state, but I've never gone truly off road with any of my vehicles. Other peoples, yes. Mine, no.

What should I expect from my '01? I did not buy it as an off road vehicle, but should the chance arise, what should I be aware of?

Sean

Welcome to the forum! :beer:

I can't say much about '01 Pathfinder (R50), since mine is a 94 (WD21). The difference is the frame style.

I went off-road with mine three times, and she never disappointed me. Once it was like an E.T. between lots of old but well prepared Jeeps CJ, and other kind of special cars for offroading, many looking like tractors... but she did almost all that they have done, and my Pathy was stock and with Wrangler AT tires... :P

One thing you have to consider is: check your tires. Depending on the difficulty level of the offroad you want to do, you'd better change it. I don't know what type your tires are, but as your Pathy is not so old maybe the tires are not AT or MT. :unsure: