intro post

gager2002

Hey all!

Just found you guys. Sorry it took so long. Just bought a '93. As I was told she came from Ohio and had been fighting undercarriage rust, and a little body rust (where the front of the rear fenders met the rocker). The factory nurf bars were destroyed, so I had to remove them. As they were a safety issue. Don't worry, I removed them the right way even though the bolts were completely rust/welded together. The po added a Yakima luggage rack and wind guard on the roof. Also he added an afer market cd/radio. She sits on factory 'legos' wrapped with 31.5*10. She has 172K miles. Equiped with a receiver hitch and the factory spare and swing bracket. I guess thats about it about the truck. Oh by the way, I paid $2000. Was this a good deal generally speaking? It was to me the body and interior is in great shape and no leaking of any kind.

About me: I live just 40 miles East of Houston and yes, still recovering from Hurricane Ike. Born and raised here. Always loved and still enjoy working cars of all kinds. I am just starting on my '48 Willys CJ2A jeep. A complete frame off restore. I am a mechanical designer for the 2nd largest well servicing company in the world, and have been a 3d designer for 15 years. I loe to fabricate anything.

I now have a couple of questions for you experienced guys/gals.

1. Is there a company or a guy out there that makes tubular rear bumpers? My end caps are complete rusted through and the location of the frame/bumper brackets on the center portion are rusting. I have ideas and may build my own. I would like to add my jerry cans maybe.

Edited by gager2002

Welcome to the family WAVEY

Done the timing belt yet?

If you browse through the pics here you'll see heaps of custom bumpers :aok:

No havent even thought about the timing belt. Have done plugs, wires, air filter, oil, and oil filter, fuel filter, and coolant. Next will be checking the tranny fluid and gear oil.. Any advice on the gear oil issues? This is one area I am new to. About the bumper..I grabbed a piece of structural tubing 3" x 6" x .125 wall, 8' long. I could have some fun with that.