Replacement doors/quarter panels for '87 PF?

mightyjak

Bought a decent 1987 PF with VG30i from a buddy for cheap. However, the driver's side door and and front quarter panel need to be replaced due to a slight smash. What age range will fit? Will doors and panels from truck models swap in?

Thanks,

Jeff

I bought replacement fenders through a body shop for about $75 each. These were aftermarket so fittment wasn't as good as OEM, but they worked out with a little massaging. You might find some for the same price online, but it's the shipping that will kill you. The body shop prolly won't charge shipping. And be sure to order 4WD fenders, not 2WD since the "bulge" is different.

HB doors should work. You could cross reference part #s at rockauto.com for compatible model years.

Dagwoodzz, thanks for the offer, but I'm gonna try my local pick-n-pull and see if I can't get everything at once.

JJ big shoe, thanks for the website! I was able to cross reference years and the local yard has several Pathfinders and pickups.

87-95 pathy door or fender will work...the HB fender will work but it has a different kick out on it than the PF fender so you would want ot pick up both.

I don't know where you are located but if there is a www.pull-a-part.com that is probably your best bet for price

if you ever have to replace the passenger side though check what kind of antenna you have...

Edited by unccpathfinder

The main thing I'm dealing with is the lack of an exterior door handle on the driver's side. However, I can't seem to find replacement door handle parts, either at AutoZone or RockAuto.com. That's why I've been looking at replacement doors. Any suggestions? Anyone have to replace a door handle before? Is there a generic that fits?

I've replaced mine, there was a broken piece of plastic that holds the inside latch just right. The plastic dryrotted and broke. I have a parts car, so just took the whole mechanism out the door. It's like three screws in the door jamb and two nuts inside for the exterior door latch.

Swapped the key lock.

What helped the most was having the parts car passenger side for a go-by. It can get confusing trying to remember what went where.

A lot of minor cuts on the arm because I was too lazy to go get a long sleeve shirt.

The main thing I'm dealing with is the lack of an exterior door handle on the driver's side. However, I can't seem to find replacement door handle parts, either at AutoZone or RockAuto.com. That's why I've been looking at replacement doors. Any suggestions? Anyone have to replace a door handle before? Is there a generic that fits?

JY i paid like $5 for my last one...its got 2 10mm nuts in the door and the linkage...the 1st one took me about an hour to change the 2nd took me about 20 mins...the door lock is kinda a PITA to get in there and i was lucky ot never drop any of the nuts...its awkward but once you get it figured otu its not bad...my hands are way too big to be in that small area...

Edited by unccpathfinder

I will look through my collection of crap, if I have one(black I'm guessing) I'll give it to you for shipping. I'll look tomorow at work.

I will look through my collection of crap, if I have one(black I'm guessing) I'll give it to you for shipping. I'll look tomorow at work.

Nunya, any chance you might have found one in your pile?

The one I ordered from RackAuto.com is for R side, dealer wants $37 and NAPA wants $34. If anyone has extra, I'm in the market... Hell, I'll even trade you a NEW passenger side exterior handle for what you've got.

Edited by mightyjak

If it's left side I definatly have one still in one of my spare doors, I can strip it out for you if you wish. Haven't found any of my loose ones yet, only one I found of those is for the rear gate. Once my chrome pair arrive I will definatly have both sides in black and in known area.

If it's left side I definatly have one still in one of my spare doors, I can strip it out for you if you wish. Haven't found any of my loose ones yet, only one I found of those is for the rear gate. Once my chrome pair arrive I will definatly have both sides in black and in known area.

Awesome! Name, address and a price and I'll send some cash. Thanks for the quick response. You can reach me at jet@adventura.ws

I will take that as a yes, pm me your shipping info, I'll pull it from the door tomorow and get it on it's way to you asap then as I said before we can just settle for whatever shipping is. I'm not looking to make anything off a couple inch piece of plastic and two 10mm nuts.

Edited by nunya