Acceleration problem

MattFransonPA

A couple months ago I started hearing a rattling/vibration sound coming from the muffler on my '97 Pathy at 5-10 mph. 1 of the hangers on the rear resonator (?) came off and I put it back on but the sound still remains. As of the last 2 months when I go up hills I have to put the pedal to the floor and the muffler or resonator (not sure which or both) makes a loud sound (as if I had no muffler at all) and I thought maybe the baffles broke off inside and are clogging the muffler/resonator thus preventing the exhaust to leave and not allowing proper acceleration. I don't really know. I didn't know the rear muffler was a resonator until recently. I thought it was a catalytic converter :)

Any tips?

Thanks.

Go Aeroturbine!!

I am trying to get one right now as my rear resonator section fell of last week...yup at the flange!! Go 3.5 exhaust!!

I have a coworker that got one on his 04 F150....I can verify that he got another 3-4 MPG out of it!! Granted this is on a V8 but so what just swapping a muffler no pipes nothing else--cut--swap---weld, this beats up on Flowmaster as he did not change diameter of pipe just the muffler.