checkin out a pathy

4x4newbie

so i checked out this 95 pathy xe. 103k miles. auto. body and frame in good shape, inside in like mint condition. no leaks, all power things work. she had the oil changed regularly at the same place everytime and all the work done on it there. but the RPM gauge isnt working and the transfer case was a really hard to shift. and i thought the tranny shifted kinda funny. it shifted at high rpms. (my old pathy was a manual so is that just normal for an auto?) and wasnt super smooth when changing gears. is that a bad sign or is that mostly normal? shes asking $3800. I think thats a lil much. but idk what do you guys think is it worth it?

High RPM shifting... was the Power button depressed?

Otherwise yes the auto shifts tend to be abrupt (the first to second shift under power especially so in mine).

Sounds like it might be a good deal. Did you check for rust, on the frame especially?

Edited by SC88Pathy

$3800 in Iowa may be a bit much, I just paid $3300 in Cali for a 95 with 95k miles. As for the auto tranny bit, I'm in the same boat; haven't had an auto for 20 years and never been in an auto pathy... I'm using my old pathy as a donor, if the tranny gives out, I'm swapping to manual. It's not too hard to do and if you have a donor vehicle, it is fairly cheap. :shrug:

B